Thread poster: Wenke Geddert

Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:19
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 18, 2004

The new default view of questions in the user's specific fields of expertise is a great idea and really useful.

However, I seem to experience a problem in setting up my specific fields (and have had this problem for quite a while - although at the time not deemed to be too relevant).

I use MS Office 98 with Internet Explorer 6.0.28. When I try and set my specific fields, the left hand column with general fields is clearly visible and shows a tick list. The right hand colum with specific fields shows the topics but without a ticklist. If I am lucky, the tick list appears but is not aligned, i.e. it seems to start right at the top of the screen and finishes somewhere in the middle.

As such I am unable to set / amend my settings. Could you advise please.

With thanks.

Wenke

Direct link Reply with quote

Jason Grimes
Local time: 14:19
SITE STAFF
Please forward a screenshot of the problem Mar 19, 2004

Wenke Geddert wrote:

. . . When I try and set my specific fields, the left hand column with general fields is clearly visible and shows a tick list. The right hand colum with specific fields shows the topics but without a ticklist. If I am lucky, the tick list appears but is not aligned, i.e. it seems to start right at the top of the screen and finishes somewhere in the middle.

Dear Wenke,

Please forward a screenshot of this problem to support@proz.com, and I will try to resolve it.

Regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Local time: 14:19
SITE STAFF
Try the new settings page Mar 25, 2004

Dear Wenke,

A new fields of expertise settings page has been released. Please try again using the new page, and let me know if you continue to have problems. The page is here:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=settings_disciplines

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason

Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:19
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, great new design Mar 26, 2004

Jason

Thanks for your prompt assistance. I was particularly impressed about the regular progress updates. The new design is very user friendly and looks great.

Thanks again.

Wenke

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems setting specific fields of expertise

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs