Thread poster: Mónica Machado

Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:50
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 30, 2004

Hello,

Is there a way of clearing the KudoZ points earned. Last time I wanted to do it I had to delete my profile and create a new one, but this is not a good idea now, especially because I will be considered new here.

Is there a way of clearing my points? This is probably a funny question, but still...:-)

Thanks
Kind regards,
Mónica

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:50
SITE FOUNDER
We can do something Mar 30, 2004

We have not had that request before, and the way the points are tabulated it is kind of tough to just "clear points". (For example, the asker's record show the questions they asked and who got graded--and the points are derived from the same data source.)

Thinking creatively, I could give credit for your answers to your old profile... but that would not be entirely honest either, in a historical sense.

Why do you want to "clear" your points? Is it just that you do not want to show them? Write privately (via my profile) if it will be better...

Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please.... Mar 31, 2004

Monica please share with us why you would want to get rid of your Kudoz points.......
Anyway didn't you know you didn't want Kudoz points when answering questions?????

Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Points are never my motive Mar 31, 2004

Hi Jesus,

When I answer any questions on KudoZ I do it because I think I can help. I only do it when I am 100% sure of my answer and don't do it to get any points back. I don't have many now but I already deleted my older profile to get rid of the ones I had (around 90). Nowadays I don't participate in Kudoz anymore and prefer to answer people directly when I think I can help.

Henry is trying to find a solution to my request, so please consider this issue closed. I don't want to be for or against anything. Just want to get a solution to my request.

You can contact me directly if you have any further queries.

Thanks
Kind regards,
Mónica

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:50
German to Croatian
+ ...
Hide KudoZ history Mar 31, 2004

Have you noticed the option to hide the KudoZ history in your profile page? I know this is not the same as deleting the KudoZ points, but it comes nearest to your request.

two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Delete the question? Apr 1, 2004

You have only 3 points from just one question. I think you can delete this question in the KudoZ tab of your profile, and your 3 points will vanish.
Cheers,
Enrique

Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Delete question Apr 1, 2004

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think this is possible. There is no such option... or I can't find it myself.

Anyway, thanks to all. I will wait a few more days to see if Henry can get a solution for this and if this proves totally impossible, I will delete my profile and create a new one (just like the other time). I will be new member again:-)

But maybe we could have an option in future to choose whether to get points or not when helping out others. I might not be the only person with a funny mind.

Thanks to all
Kind regards,
Mónica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to clear my KudoZ points

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs