How can we check on the jobposters?
Thread poster: Ruxi
Ruxi
Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
Apr 5, 2004

I put today a topic regarding the way we can check the jobposters, how we can find out if they are serious, will pay a.s.o
This topic did not appear in the forum.
Did I say something wrong?In this case I appologise.
I am new and wanted to know how I can protect myself.
Thank you,
Ruxi

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:23
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Apr 5, 2004

...to ProZ.com Tech Support.

Hi again,
The answer to your question is in the Forum FAQ (note that each section of the site has a Help area where you will find related FAQ, and links to moderators and site staff):

4. Are forum postings vetted?

Forum postings from platinum members and members with verified identities appear immediately. Postings from non-platinum members are checked before being made visible. Most postings are vetted within 12 hours.

HTH, Ralf

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:23
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Blue Board Apr 5, 2004

Hi Ruxi,
as conncerns posts to the forums, all posts by non-platinum and non-vided members need to be vetted by respective forum moderators - this might cause a delay in your posting, we are not all the time on-line. In general, discussing a concrete posters or members is not allowed, if your post however was classified as non appropriate, you would normally receive an e-mail with explanation why it was regarded as such.... See more
Hi Ruxi,
as conncerns posts to the forums, all posts by non-platinum and non-vided members need to be vetted by respective forum moderators - this might cause a delay in your posting, we are not all the time on-line. In general, discussing a concrete posters or members is not allowed, if your post however was classified as non appropriate, you would normally receive an e-mail with explanation why it was regarded as such.

Now, information on job posters: the best source is the Blue Board - there you can check what other translators said about a given agency/outsourcer. I highly recommend checking the BB before ever replying to the job offer. You can learn a lot of things from there!

Good luck in prozing

Magda
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:23
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Check out Zahlungpraxis too Apr 6, 2004

Die Liste bei yahoo/groups/ wird für dich interessant sein, wenn du mit deutschsprachigen Agenturen zu tun hast. Es gibt eine Anzahl von Leuten, die sich auf neue Übersetzer stürzen und niemals zahlen, eine Liste von Namen kann ich dir privat schicken.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can we check on the jobposters?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »