Mobile menu

My bid not accepted due to my minimum rates - how to change?
Thread poster: xxxsarahl
xxxsarahl
Local time: 00:20
English to French
+ ...
Apr 11, 2004

Hi all!
I just tried to bid on an editing job and the system won't accept my bid because it's "outside my range", when said range is for translation!
How do I fix/bypass this?
TIA
Sarah

Direct link Reply with quote

Marian Greenfield  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:20
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
easy way around... Apr 11, 2004

Sarah,

I expect you did not enter rates for editing. I suspect that if you simply revise your profile to include editing rates, the problem will go away.

Regards,
msg

sarahl wrote:

Hi all!
I just tried to bid on an editing job and the system won't accept my bid because it's "outside my range", when said range is for translation!
TIA
Sarah

xxxsarahl
Local time: 00:20
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes but how? Apr 11, 2004

Thank you Marian,
I already tried that, and all I could find was my translation rates.
Technology never was my forte...

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:20
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
Rates problem Apr 11, 2004

Hello Sarah,
as far as I understand it - if an editing/revision/proofreading job is being offered at a per word rate, then your minimum per word rate for editing/revision/proofreading rates should be worked out by the system, calculated as some sort of ratio from the minimum word rate for translation that you entered.

As I understand it, occasionally this doesn't happen, and from the sound of it this might be one of those cases - so please submit a support request message (main menu, support, support request) and also write to one of the Jobs Moderators (eg: Ralf & Giuliana) at: http://proz.com/index.php3?sp=mod/list&show_mode=jobs_mods
including the job ref. & problem in both messages. Sorry I can't suggest an instant solution, but I believe they can correct the job if there is still time, if the system isn't working properly that is (I'm assuming the job is being offered at a per word rate or similar, not on time which should be using the hourly rates you entered.)
Best wishes
Giuli~

(English Russian Georgian)

[Edited at 2004-04-11 22:34]

[Edited at 2004-04-11 22:35]

aneta_xh  Identity Verified
English to Albanian
+ ...
Hourly minimum rate??? Apr 11, 2004

sarahl wrote:

Hi all!
TIA
Sarah

Dera Sarah,
I think you can give the minimum rate per hour, instead of per word. If you have already entered your translation rates per word, you should have entered your minimum rates per hours as well. I was asked to enter my hourly minimum rate when I entered my rates there.
Good luck.
Ani

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:20
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
entering one's min.hourly rate Apr 12, 2004

Ani's right that there is a place to enter a minimum hourly rate, and personally I think hourly rates are the most suitable way to charge for these sort of jobs unless it's very certain how much work wll be needed (since it's variable)

but,
in this case it does sound as if Sarah's problem was with a job advertized at a word-rate lower than a translation word-rate (because it was for proofreading type jobs that (usually!) will take less time), and in that case the hourly rate entered won't help, but I believe the system should have adjusted for it being this sort of job (and this adjustment might not have happened this time).
Best wishes
Giuli~

(Eng Rus Geo)

[Edited at 2004-04-12 11:08]

[Edited at 2004-04-12 11:10]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My bid not accepted due to my minimum rates - how to change?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs