Mobile menu

VAT for temporary EU residents
Thread poster: xxxRobschmidt
xxxRobschmidt
English to German
+ ...
Apr 19, 2004

I am staying temporarily in the EU (foa couple of months) and my Credit card is issued by a bank here. I reside normally in the US. If I intend to acquire platinum membership using this credit card, will I be charged VAT merely because the credit card is issued in the EU?
Using a US credit card, no VAT is applicable. What then, happens in my case??

I did not receive a single response for this perhaps because the question was not clear.
My credit card is VISA and has been issued by the Deutsche Bank. Does the issuer of the card get tested and does that decide the VAT or is it only the place of residence of the person that matters?

May I request further info in this regard?

[Edited at 2004-04-21 19:29]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

VAT for temporary EU residents

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs