Any way to access list of banned agencies?
Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 23, 2004

Since I haven't been 'burned' (yet) by an agency, I don't use BB as often as I should. However, it's come to my notice that a colleague is presently doing a job for an agency that has been prohibited from using ProZ.

Is there any way to access 1) banned agencies 2) agencies according to grading (e.g. a list of all those that obtained an average of below 4 or 5?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No "black list" Apr 23, 2004

Hi Ailish,
In principle, members shouldn't accept a job from an unknown customer unless they have checked references - obviously, the BlueBoard is a convenient and popular resource, but not the only one.

Besides some technical issues, there isn't a listing of badly-rated outsourcers because the BB wasn't designed as a "black list". Bear in mind that the ratings aren't exclusively based on payment practices.

Best regards, Ralf

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Banned agencies not shown on the BB Apr 25, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Besides some technical issues, there isn't a listing of badly-rated outsourcers because the BB wasn't designed as a "black list". Bear in mind that the ratings aren't exclusively based on payment practices.

Best regards, Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Does this mean an agency can be so badly rated that it is removed from the BB? That doesn't seem to make sense.

Regards,
Gerard

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Banned outsourcers *are* shown, but not as a specific list Apr 25, 2004

Hi Gerard,
Does this mean an agency can be so badly rated that it is removed from the BB? That doesn't seem to make sense.

Indeed it doesn't, and that's not what I meant to say. I had understood Ailish's query to refer to a specific listing of non-paying outsourcers - that's not available.

Non-payers might have their profile removed from ProZ.com, but the BB record definitely stays in there.

Hope that clarifies it.

Best regards, Ralf

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
That's a relief Apr 27, 2004

Thanks Ralf,

Glad I misunderstood.

Regards,
Gerard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any way to access list of banned agencies?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »