Mobile menu

Re. ProZ personal website impossible to create...
Thread poster: Agua

Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 24, 2004

Hello,

I have tried to upload a small website that I created, so that it can become my personal website in ProZ, to no avail...

I go inside my space, and it appears I have one file, with 0 kb, which I can not remove or do anything about; when I try to delete, so that I can start from scratch, it tells me:
"Error: Could not create directory /home/6468 (/home/pages/proz/phpgroupware/files/home/6468)* "

Is there any way of solving this so that I can create my home, etc. etc., please?

Thank you very much.

Mar

Direct link Reply with quote

Florence B  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Ftp or site editor? Apr 24, 2004

How did you try to upload your site?
I never could succeed using the ftp for that website myself, but it works fine through http://yoursite.proz.com/

Florence

[Edited at 2004-04-24 15:10]

Frédéric Bégon
France
Local time: 20:36
English to French
+ ...
A piece of advice Apr 24, 2004

The best FTP software on the market is dutyfree. Its name is FileZilla.

I use it every day to load files on my 100 Mo Wanadoo acount.

ProZ own Web space memory was for me a little bit difficult to use at the beginning. But it works ...

Florence B  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
FTP with your ProZ site? Apr 24, 2004

Frédéric Bégon wrote:I use it every day to load files on my 100 Mo Wanadoo acount.

ProZ own Web space memory was for me a little bit difficult to use at the beginning. But it works ...

Do you mean that you use ftp with your ProZ site? It never worked for me (though I manage a large number of sites with other hosting services and I always use ftp for those - ProZ hosting is the only one that I never could manage that way). My favourite ftp client is the one included in my GoLive software btw.

[Edited at 2004-04-24 15:16]

Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
FTP Apr 25, 2004

Hello,

Well, I use a free ftp: ws_tp95le, which works fine.

My problem comes when I go to the "Create your ProZ website", and then login: it appears I have one file with 0 kb, which I can not eliminate, and then it tells me it can not create "/home/6468"...

Thank you.

Mar

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
index.html Apr 25, 2004

Did you give your main page some name different from "index.html"? If so, this could be the reason why it won't work. All the other pages at your ProZ site can correspond to files with any filename you wish; xxxxx.html or abcde.htm but your main file must be named index.html .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Re. ProZ personal website impossible to create...

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs