Thread poster: IrinaGM
IrinaGM
IrinaGM  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:26
English to Georgian
+ ...
Apr 29, 2004

how do I remove the translation rate table from my profile entirely? I do not like how it's set up and I want to write up my own paragraph instead of using the proz standard rate table. It's disabled now and only I am able to see it but I want to remove it entirely.
Thank you.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:26
English to German
+ ...
It's invisible Apr 29, 2004

Hi Irina,
I had a look at your profile and couldn't see your rates - they're obviously set to invisible.

(Note that you have a link on the top of your profile page that lets you switch into "visitors' view", i.e. displaying how others see your profile.)

HTH, Ralf

IrinaGM
United States
English to Georgian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I knew that my rates were set to invisible Apr 29, 2004

My question was if/how I could remove the whole table from my profile (invisible or visible).

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Sorry... Apr 29, 2004

...I guess I misunderstood your point because you said you wanted to "write up your own paragraph" (which you can do anyway, of course).

Have a look at the FAQ:

Can I change rates once I have entered them?

After an initial one week period, rates can be modified only once every three months. Therefore, it is important that you put careful consideration into the selection of your rates. During the initial first week, you can edit your rates as often as you like.

What I would suggest is to submit a Support Request asking site staff to remove the rates for you. Before doing this, you may want to consider ther reasons given for entering rates in the FAQ.

Best regards, Ralf

IrinaGM
United States
English to Georgian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Ralf Apr 30, 2004

Sorry if I did not make my question clear. What I meant is that I don't like how the table calculates minimum/maximum rates and I wanted to get rid of it completely and enter the rates my own way in the profile (without using a table). I know I can do that anyway but I was still wondering if/how I could get rid of the table entirely so it wouldn't be visible to me or to others. Based on your reply I guess I have to live with it.

Thank you again.
Irina

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
...did I say that? Apr 30, 2004

Hi again,
Based on your reply I guess I have to live with it.

Here's what I had written...
What I would suggest is to submit a Support Request asking site staff to remove the rates for you.

???

The reason why I recommended the FAQ entries is that the rates entered in your profile (using the site function) can have a certain effect on job notifications, quoting, etc., whereas rates information entered as free-format text does not.

Best regards, Ralf

IrinaGM
United States
English to Georgian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ralf, thank you for all your help Apr 30, 2004

Schones Wochenende

-Irina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

removing the rate table from the profile

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »