Paula Greyling  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:56
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
May 18, 2004

Hello,

I seem to have a mistake while entering my rates. And now I am not allowed to modify them.
Therefore my page will be displaying wrong rates (very wrong).
What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Paula Greyling

Direct link Reply with quote

Subhamay Ray  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:26
English to Bengali
+ ...
Make it invisible May 18, 2004

You can use "Toggle rates visibility" and make the rates visible only to you until you can change it again.

Best wishes,

Subhamay

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Correcting rates, 3 months is a lot May 18, 2004

I have to wait until August to change them again.
Doesn't ProZ tech support offer any solution to these kind of problems?

Subhamay Ray wrote:

You can use "Toggle rates visibility" and make the rates visible only to you until you can change it again.

Best wishes,

Subhamay

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:56
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Incorrect rates May 18, 2004

The rates can be edited without any limit for the first 7 days. This is to avoid any mistake entering figures.
The result can be entered and checked for a whole week.

After this grace period, they can be changed only every 3 months.
This is motivated by not having the rates changed opportunistically, every time that a user wants to show higher/lower rate (yo-yo rates?!?)

Hiding the rates will still maintain the incorrect data in the profile, and this may affect the range of jobs for which the user receives a notification, and also the ability to place an offer to some jobs, if the rate offered is outside of the range entered. See the FAQ pages for more details.

In case of a genuine mistake, we can help to edit/delete them. Please submit a Support request.

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Rates error. Thank you May 18, 2004

Thank you Gianfranco,

I understand the considerations you expose.
It seems that for some reason my changes where not saved and the rates stayed as they where, wrong.
I will submit a support request.
Regards.
Paula
Gianfranco Manca wrote:

The rates can be edited without any limit for the first 7 days. This is to avoid any mistake entering figures.
The result can be entered and checked for a whole week.

After this grace period, they can be changed only every 3 months.
This is motivated by not having the rates changed opportunistically, every time that a user wants to show higher/lower rate (yo-yo rates?!?)
Thank you Gianfranco,

Hiding the rates will still maintain the incorrect data in the profile, and this may affect the range of jobs for which the user receives a notification, and also the ability to place an offer to some jobs, if the rate offered is outside of the range entered. See the FAQ pages for more details.

edit/delete them. Please submit a Support request.

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Correcting mistake on rates

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs