Annamaria Leone
Annamaria Leone  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 11:36
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
May 24, 2004

Hello!
When I submitted proz.com non paying memebreship I chose to remain anonym. Later, when I subscribed platinum membreship I enterd my real name and surname in my profile, that was verified. But If I try to search my surname in the "search by name" freelancer directory I do not have responses for my surname.
How can I do to make my surname searchable from the surname field?
I hope I was clear enough explaining.
Thanks a lot

Annamaria

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:36
English to German
+ ...
Show your real name May 24, 2004

Hi Annamaria,
As far as I can see, you're not showing your real name in your profile, only your username: although your username is the same, the system treats it differently. Search for your name in the Username field: I could find you there without problems.

To change that setting, go to My ProZ.com - My Profile, and click on the Edit your profile link. The first setting controls which name is shown on the site: set this radio button to Show fi
... See more
Hi Annamaria,
As far as I can see, you're not showing your real name in your profile, only your username: although your username is the same, the system treats it differently. Search for your name in the Username field: I could find you there without problems.

To change that setting, go to My ProZ.com - My Profile, and click on the Edit your profile link. The first setting controls which name is shown on the site: set this radio button to Show first and last name, as entered in profile. This should yield the proper search results.

If this is confusing, have a look at my profile: "Ralf Lemster" is the real name, "Lemster" is the user name.

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Georgian to English
+ ...
Real name in the username & real name in the 1st./surname fields of the profile May 24, 2004

It's quite likely to be because members can be VIDed if their real name is included in the username or the 1st.& surname fields of the profile.
In your case your real name is included in the username - so if you search by putting 'leone' (for example) in the 'username' field of the searchbox, you do appear in the list (because it is part of your username). But if you put 'leone', etc in the surname field of the searchbox, you don't appear. (Assuming the 1st.name/surname fields of your prof
... See more
It's quite likely to be because members can be VIDed if their real name is included in the username or the 1st.& surname fields of the profile.
In your case your real name is included in the username - so if you search by putting 'leone' (for example) in the 'username' field of the searchbox, you do appear in the list (because it is part of your username). But if you put 'leone', etc in the surname field of the searchbox, you don't appear. (Assuming the 1st.name/surname fields of your profile are blank).
If you would like to change this you would need to enter your real 1st.& surname in those fields of your profile. Normally changing real-name & username fields causes you to need to be re-VIDed (go to the page to do this online), although if the fields are just blank and filled in with the same name, this might not be needed. (If it is necessary, it is straightforward to do when the name is the same.)
Best wishes
Giuli
(Eng Rus Geo)

(double answer:-))

[Edited at 2004-05-24 07:22]
Collapse

Annamaria Leone
Ireland
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 24, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:
To change that setting, go to My ProZ.com - My Profile, and click on the Edit your profile link. The first setting controls which name is shown on the site: set this radio button to Show first and last name, as entered in profile. This should yield the proper search results.

Thanks a lot Ralph, I wcan't found that settin because I used the "change your personal data" link instead of "change your profile".
Now I changed the option, and it works properly.

Thanks a lot.

AL

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Georgian to English
+ ...
Real name is username AND 1st. & surname May 24, 2004

Ahh - the 1st.and surname fields were filled in as well as the username being your real name....that's a different case...

[Edited at 2004-05-24 07:51]

Annamaria Leone
Ireland
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Giuli. May 24, 2004

Now it's ok!
Bye

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

User name/real name

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »