Thread poster: Valentini Mellas

Valentini Mellas  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 04:28
English to Greek
+ ...
Jun 1, 2004

Hello everyone,

This morning when I logged in I had 216 browniz. Now all of the sudden the counter shows -16?!?!?!? Any ideas why it happened? I used to have more than 8000 but I used 8000 for two text ads and was left with 216 (or around that amount; I remember it was more than 210 at least).

Any information is most appreciated. Thank you!!

Valentini Mellas

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:28
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
It is a bug in the software for one of your transactions Jun 1, 2004

Dear Valentini

I've checked your transactions and they appear to be in order.
You have been deducted BrowniZ points for several reasons (quoting for Jobs, consulting the BlueBoard, advertising, and recently for a discount on the Platinum membership)

The problem is probably caused by one of this operations going through even if it was bringing your balance to a negative value.
It is probably a bug (a control missing in the transaction) and should not cause any problem, as soon as you earn some more BrowniZ points your balance will be positive again.

bye
Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Valentini Mellas  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 04:28
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 1, 2004

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

Dear Valentini

I've checked your transactions and they appear to be in order.
You have been deducted BrowniZ points for several reasons (quoting for Jobs, consulting the BlueBoard, advertising, and recently for a discount on the Platinum membership)

The problem is probably caused by one of this operations going through even if it was bringing your balance to a negative value.
It is probably a bug (a control missing in the transaction) and should not cause any problem, as soon as you earn some more BrowniZ points your balance will be positive again.

bye
Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Thank you Gianfranco ... It is now back in the positive.. I was just puzzled ... Thanks for letting me know.

Valentini

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Browniz minus points?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs