Mobile menu

Numerous requests for new password
Thread poster: Robert1
Local time: 08:44
Jun 15, 2004

In the past two weeks I have recieved several notifications stating that I have requested a new passowrd. I have not replied or confirmed these requests since I have made no such requests at all. What is this all about?

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:44
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Ignore those messages Jun 15, 2004

It could be that some other member has lost his password and he/she is trying to recover it using your nickname (Robert1).

This is not dangerous. No one can gain access to your profile, as their request is forwarded to your email address, and not to theirs. The correct reaction is to ignore such requests.

We help out anyone who has lost access to the profile, if they contact us via the Support page, and in some cases we have seen attempts to regain access using not only the incorrect passwords, but also an incorrect username.
What happens is that people forget, and then try several options, perhaps using a nickname that they may have setup in another unrelated website...

Gianfranco Team

Jason Grimes
Local time: 19:44
IP address now shown in confirmation email Jun 15, 2004

Dear Robert1,

I have added the IP address of the person requesting the password change to the new password confirmation email. If you find that the same IP address is repeatedly requesting a password change for your account, please submit a support request and we will take action to block that harassment. Otherwise, as Gianfranco pointed out, it's probably just an innocent mistake.

I hope this helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Numerous requests for new password

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs