https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/22019-numerous_requests_for_new_password.html

Numerous requests for new password
Thread poster: Robert1
Robert1
Robert1
Local time: 04:25
English
Jun 15, 2004

In the past two weeks I have recieved several notifications stating that I have requested a new passowrd. I have not replied or confirmed these requests since I have made no such requests at all. What is this all about?

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:25
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Ignore those messages Jun 15, 2004

It could be that some other ProZ.com member has lost his password and he/she is trying to recover it using your nickname (Robert1).

This is not dangerous. No one can gain access to your profile, as their request is forwarded to your email address, and not to theirs. The correct reaction is to ignore such requests.

We help out anyone who has lost access to the profile, if they contact us via the Support page, and in some cases we have seen attempts to regain access usin
... See more
It could be that some other ProZ.com member has lost his password and he/she is trying to recover it using your nickname (Robert1).

This is not dangerous. No one can gain access to your profile, as their request is forwarded to your email address, and not to theirs. The correct reaction is to ignore such requests.

We help out anyone who has lost access to the profile, if they contact us via the Support page, and in some cases we have seen attempts to regain access using not only the incorrect passwords, but also an incorrect username.
What happens is that people forget, and then try several options, perhaps using a nickname that they may have setup in another unrelated website...

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 15:25
SITE STAFF
IP address now shown in confirmation email Jun 15, 2004

Dear Robert1,

I have added the IP address of the person requesting the password change to the new password confirmation email. If you find that the same IP address is repeatedly requesting a password change for your account, please submit a support request and we will take action to block that harassment. Otherwise, as Gianfranco pointed out, it's probably just an innocent mistake.

I hope this helps.

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Numerous requests for new password

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »