Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Editing by moderators - will one moderator share with us his experience?
Thread poster: Jesús Marín Mateos
two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
A forum mod's feedback Jun 27, 2004

Generally speaking, moderators can´t edit the content of other member's contributions. What we can do on such material may be summarized in two broad categories:

a) Enforce rules, for instance when a posting is considered offensive, or personal, or provocative AND outside the boundaries of the site's scope.

b) Secondary edition in order to improve the use of information by other members, for instance:
- modification of a title when the one provided is too generi
... See more
Generally speaking, moderators can´t edit the content of other member's contributions. What we can do on such material may be summarized in two broad categories:

a) Enforce rules, for instance when a posting is considered offensive, or personal, or provocative AND outside the boundaries of the site's scope.

b) Secondary edition in order to improve the use of information by other members, for instance:
- modification of a title when the one provided is too generic or confusing
- add comments to jobs
- correctly locate postings that have been misplaced
- correct wrongly posted questions (for instance wrong language pairs)

Besides there is a lot of work done in the backstage, including a very active communication among mods, job postings checks, listening to complains and suggestions from fellow members and improvements to the site and its customers' satisfaction.

Now this thread has me a bit confused. Is this about rules in general or about some particular cases seen as deviations?

If this is a general allegation against rules, I believe that any community involving tens of thousands of members requires rules, and that the site would not show its (in my opinion) gentle and friendly environment if it was ruled in a totalitarian way.

Now if we are talking about particular deviations, or instances of overmoderation, I would suggest to address them directly with the site's staff, including all the relevant details. To generalize in this kind of situations is a bit unfair to me.

As for Jesus' complain, I understand a label "potential job" was added to a job offer. I honestly fail to see what damage was inflicted by such an action.

Greetings to all,
Enrique Cavalitto
Spanish forum moderator
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing by moderators - will one moderator share with us his experience?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »