Thread poster: Katalin Horváth McClure

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:47
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 30, 2004

This is interesting. If I log in, and open up the MyKudoZ page, the language for the ANSWERED tabby seems to be stuck on "Japanese". Since I have not answered any questions in monolingual Japanese, nothing shows up. If I look up another person in the Directory, and open up his/her KudoZ page, the same thing happens, the system tries to display the ANSWERED tabby using Japanese as the selected language.
If I click on "Answering Questions" in the KudoZ menu, the language selection defaults to Japanese, even if I change and save it.
It seems to be completely stuck.

If I try the same thing without logging in, just search for myself (or somebody else) in the directory and open up my KudoZ page, this is not happening. Everything shows up correctly.

I tried this both with Netscape and Explorer and tried deleting the ProZ cookies, history, temporary files, even rebooting my computer.
It is still happening - any ideas?

Katalin

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:47
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Katalin Jul 30, 2004

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. But as far as I understand you mean not the language, but the language pair (i.e. Japanese monolingual, in your case), right? I was unable to reproduce the problem, but here are some suggestions:

1) please check if you are using the new KudoZ design (the switch may be found at any page with a KudoZ question; in case you see at the top of the page a link 'switch to old design', then everything is OK; in case you see the link 'switch to standard design', please click it;

2) please check your settings in the top box on the page with the general list of KudoZ questions; please be sure that you have selected 'my languages' and NOT Japanese; after you have checked the selection, please click the 'View quesyion (and save settings}' button.

[Edited at 2004-07-30 23:52]

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did all that already before posting Jul 31, 2004

Natalie wrote:
1) please check if you are using the new KudoZ design (the switch may be found at any page with a KudoZ question; in case you see at the top of the page a link 'switch to old design', then everything is OK; in case you see the link 'switch to standard design', please click it;

I am using the new design.

2) please check your settings in the top box on the page with the general list of KudoZ questions; please be sure that you have selected 'my languages' and NOT Japanese; after you have checked the selection, please click the 'View quesyion (and save settings}' button.

I already did that, as I wrote in my original posting.
It is still stuck.

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios  Identity Verified
Thre is another thread open on the same problem Jul 31, 2004

It is http://www.proz.com/topic/23454

The coincidence is that David, KAtalin and myself, who are having the same problem, all live in the US. I trust that the Proz technical team will find a solution soon!

Tanja Abramovic  Identity Verified
English to Serbian
+ ...
The same here Jul 31, 2004

I've been experiencing the same problem for the last 24 hours and I also live in the U.S.

Apart from the above, when I want to ask a KudoZ question, all my questions (regardless of the language pair) somehow show up in the English monolingual section (I have no clue how it's possible).

And the third problem I've been experiencing is that I have been unable to grade the answers for almost a week, although I tried to do it several times.I switched to the new design, but it doesn't seem to help.

Regards,
Tanja Abramovic

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios  Identity Verified
It's fixed! Aug 1, 2004

Jason, from ProZ technical staff solved the problem, I think. Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language setting for MyKudoz is stuck

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs