Thread poster: Harmen Rijks
Harmen Rijks
Harmen Rijks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Dutch
Oct 8, 2004

Hi,

There is a small technical solution Support can implement. They can wrap some coding around an e-mail button so that spammers can not 'rip' it of a page automatically. They will have to enter it manually, which is too much hassle.

I had this problem with my website and solved it this way. The number of spam messages went down from nearly 1000 to 20 a day.

The other thing you can do is use MailWasher Pro. This program will filter out all senders you don'
... See more
Hi,

There is a small technical solution Support can implement. They can wrap some coding around an e-mail button so that spammers can not 'rip' it of a page automatically. They will have to enter it manually, which is too much hassle.

I had this problem with my website and solved it this way. The number of spam messages went down from nearly 1000 to 20 a day.

The other thing you can do is use MailWasher Pro. This program will filter out all senders you don't know and will grade the others based on filters you can set yourself. That way you can delete unwanted messages from your mailserver without having to download them. You can even send a message back indicating that your e-mail account does not exist. (Not that that will put them of your scent too much...)

Regards
Harmen Rijks
www.eurojobs.com

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-10-08 12:02]
Collapse

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:51
Italian to German
"This program will filter out all senders you don't know" - Oct 9, 2004

- what if sb I don't know wants to send me a serious mail?
Wouldn't it be better to filter out all mails containing several non-European letters? That would get rid of 80% of my mail, but nobody seems to have had that idea so far...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spam - two tips for getting rid of it

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »