Vetting of non-platinum KudoZ questions (mods: 'KudoZ is not vetted')
Thread poster: Edward L. Crosby III
Edward L. Crosby III
Edward L. Crosby III  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:54
German to English
+ ...
Oct 19, 2004

All,

I posted -- or thought I had posted -- a KudoZ question about 45 minutes ago, but it still has not appeared in the KudoZ list (when last I checked).

I then looked through the KudoZ FAQ, and saw that questions posted by non-platinum members would be subject to vetting before being published.

I don't think a vetting procedure was in effect when I posted my last question (many months ago); at least I remember being able to see my question immediately afte
... See more
All,

I posted -- or thought I had posted -- a KudoZ question about 45 minutes ago, but it still has not appeared in the KudoZ list (when last I checked).

I then looked through the KudoZ FAQ, and saw that questions posted by non-platinum members would be subject to vetting before being published.

I don't think a vetting procedure was in effect when I posted my last question (many months ago); at least I remember being able to see my question immediately after I posted it.

Why is a vetting procedure considered necessary now, how long does it generally take,and who does it?

Thanx,

Ed Crosby

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-10-19 14:01]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:54
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There is NO vetting of KudoZ questions Oct 19, 2004

The vetting applies only to forum posts, but not to KudoZ.
Are you sure you have asked the question? Did you get an email with a link to your question, confirming it was sent to the pros?
If not, please be so kind and ask it again, as maybe it has dissapeared in the "endless space of the Internet".

Thank you

Best regards
Jerzy

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 00:54
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Misunderstanding Oct 19, 2004

Hello Edward

There's no vetting procedure for KudoZ questions, just for Forum contributions.
Please check in the upper menu "Kudoz" - My KudoZ- Asked whether it appears in another language, that might be a reason for not finding it.
If it's not there, ask again, it wasn't submitted.

Good luck

Claudia

P.D.
I just checked, your last question was asked on March, please, try again.

[Edited at 2004-10-19 10:17]

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Er... Oct 19, 2004

I just checked your "questions asked" in your profile. Your last question was asked Mar. 23...

Edward L. Crosby III
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no new title Oct 19, 2004

Parrot wrote:

I just checked your "questions asked" in your profile. Your last question was asked Mar. 23...

Indeed, hence the parenthetical "(many months ago)" in my original question.

Ed

[Edited at 2004-10-19 18:44]

Edward L. Crosby III
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

The vetting applies only to forum posts, but not to KudoZ.
Are you sure you have asked the question? Did you get an email with a link to your question, confirming it was sent to the pros?
If not, please be so kind and ask it again, as maybe it has dissapeared in the "endless space of the Internet".

Thank you

Best regards
Jerzy

Jerzey,

My recollection is that I saw the vetting comment in the KudoZ FAQ, which is the only one I've read in the past several days.

If that is incorrect, I apologize. However I still cannot see my question, which was posted at about 9:15 (GMT) on 10/19, or about 9 hours ago.

After formulating my question, I clicked the only button I saw on the page -- "Send question to KudoZ answerers" -- which I assumed also posted it for community viewing in the list of questions. The animation of the button indicated that it had indeed been "pressed", but nothing else happened.

I have also not received any e-mail notification that my question indeed made it into the system.

Ed

Edward L. Crosby III
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Hello Edward

There's no vetting procedure for KudoZ questions, just for Forum contributions.
Please check in the upper menu "Kudoz" - My KudoZ- Asked whether it appears in another language, that might be a reason for not finding it.
If it's not there, ask again, it wasn't submitted.

Good luck

Claudia

P.D.
I just checked, your last question was asked on March, please, try again.

[Edited at 2004-10-19 10:17]

See my detailed reply to Jerzey. I clicked the only button on the page with the KudoZ question entry form ("Send question to KudoZ answerers"), and the button "pressed", so I thought the question had been accepted. However nothing else happened.

You are right; there is no indication in "My KudoZ" that the question was ever posted. I guess it didn't make the cut for some reason. I'll take another crack at it.

Ed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vetting of non-platinum KudoZ questions (mods: 'KudoZ is not vetted')

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »