Thread poster: Linda Larsson (X)
Linda Larsson (X)
Linda Larsson (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:14
Swedish to English
Apr 21, 2014

Hi!
If I'm doing something wrong I need to know what. Every single time I do a search in the Forums and go to one of the answers, if I hit 'Back' I get a page that says something like 'document is no longer available'. Every time! It's driving me crazy. Any suggestions?
/Linda

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 03:14
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
'Forward' and 'Back' Buttons Apr 22, 2014

There are certain occasions that one is advised not to use 'Forward" and 'Back' buttons while navigating the pages. I guess this should be one of them. I do not know anything technical beyond that. I am just a user like yourself.

Linda Larsson (X)
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Then how do I return to my search results? Apr 22, 2014

Is it stated somewhere that we shouldn't use back or forward in certain place? What the reason is and what to do about it?

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:14
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can refresh the search page to restore the results you had Apr 22, 2014

Hello Linda,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. What you describe sounds normal. You should be able to restore your search results by refreshing the search page after hitting "Back". Alternatively, you could open search results in a new tab every time, to ensure you don't have to repeat the search.

If that doesn't work, could you please submit a support request and attach a screenshot of what you see when y
... See more
Hello Linda,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. What you describe sounds normal. You should be able to restore your search results by refreshing the search page after hitting "Back". Alternatively, you could open search results in a new tab every time, to ensure you don't have to repeat the search.

If that doesn't work, could you please submit a support request and attach a screenshot of what you see when you hit "Back". That will help me look into this. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Linda Larsson (X)
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Refresh works Apr 23, 2014

Thanks Alejandro!

Refresh works after I get the *webpage has expired*, though I have to go through several motions instead of it just bringing me back to my search results. I don't think that's 'normal', but thanks for the tips.

BR,
Linda

Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Aren't you asked to Apr 23, 2014

"Send again"?

This helps in some cases.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
I thought this was normal Apr 23, 2014

I get the behaviour Linda describes on all websites where I have to enter data /filter results. When I use "back" these details are lost and I can't recover them with refresh/send again or anything. ProZ is one such website.

I simply open results in a new tab to avoid the problem (as Alejandro suggests).

But I thought that this was normal behaviour. I use Google Chrome. Maybe other browsers behave differently?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using 'Back' in searches

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »