Mobile menu

Message delay: Known Issue
Thread poster: xxxpucoug
xxxpucoug  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:10
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 10, 2004

Many people have pointed this out, here is another example which might help Proz staff to troubleshoot the problem.

http://www.proz.com/job/67614

was posted:

[Posted: 1:47pm Dec 9]

I received the notification at:

[Site time: 06:06 10 Dec GMT]

I have been receiving all other emails on time in my email address.

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:25
English to German
+ ...
Forward the IP headers to support Dec 10, 2004

Hi pucoug,
pucoug wrote:

Many people have pointed this out, here is another example which might help Proz staff to troubleshoot the problem.

It won't help like this - please retrieve the IP headers of that message (look here if you're uncertain how to do this), and submit a Support Request.

Best regards,
Ralf

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:25
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
The notification has been sent after about 1 minute Dec 10, 2004

pucoug wrote:

http://www.proz.com/job/67614

was posted:

[Posted: 1:47pm Dec 9]

I received the notification at:

[Site time: 06:06 10 Dec GMT]

I have been receiving all other emails on time in my email address.

Thanks!

The email notification has been sent, according to our logs, at 13:48:45, about 1 minute after the job was posted.

If you received it after 1 day and 5 hours, the delay is due to something outside our control, most likely in your email service.

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Jason Grimes
Local time: 01:25
SITE STAFF
Forward headers to support; added FAQ Dec 10, 2004

Hi pucoug,

You're right that this is a common problem, and an FAQ was long overdue. I have added an FAQ about troubleshooting delayed email notifications here: http://www.proz.com/faq/mail#mail_delay

As Ralf noted, please submit a support request with the complete headers of one of your late messages. That will help us track down the cause of the problem.

Note that over 95% of email notifications leave ProZ.com servers in less than 1 minute, so in most cases delays are caused by intermediate mail servers between ProZ.com and your mail client. But the message headers will allow us to find out for certain.

Best regards,

Jason

xxxpucoug  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:10
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Headers sent Dec 10, 2004

-> Ralf: Thanks! I sent the headers to support.

-> Gianfranco: Thanks! But its not just me, I have seen this happen to a lot of other people, and like I said... I have been receiving all my other emails on time. I have sent the message headers to support, hopefully they can get to the root of this problem.

-> Jason: Thanks for the FAQ; sent the message headers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Message delay: Known Issue

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs