Mobile menu

cyrillic characters in job postings cannot be deciphered
Thread poster: translexis
Local time: 15:42
English to German
+ ...
Dec 13, 2004

I cannot decipher the cyrillic (Russian) characters of job postings or kudoz questions. They appear as latin characters on my screen. Can anybody help me, otherwise I will not be able to apply for any Russian translation jobs posted.

Direct link Reply with quote

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:42
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
switch the encoding settings Dec 13, 2004

On your browser you can set the language encoding settings of the webpages you display.
In Explorer, open the View menu, click "Encoding", then choose any of the settings there. Cyrillic (Windows) must be there. You may have to open the "More" sub-menu to display all encoding settings.

good luck

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cyrillic characters in job postings cannot be deciphered

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs