Cannot log in from my PC
Thread poster: Silvina Matheu

Silvina Matheu  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:43
English to Spanish
Jan 7, 2005

Hi, everyone!
Since I sent my PC to the service I cannot log in to proZ.com. An error message says that cookies are not found. But in the explorer configuration I can see some proz cookies. So I don't know what to do.
Has anyone ever had the same problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxBrandis
Local time: 11:43
English to German
+ ...
copy all the cookies to the last memorized location Jan 7, 2005

Hi! that should solve your trouble. There is also another solution to import external cookies, but if you have saved your cookies , check your documents and settings/ cookies location, anf inform your browser.
Good luck Brandis

Argentina
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 7, 2005

[quote]Brandis wrote:

There is also another solution to import external cookies,

Thank you, Brandis. I`ll try and do what you say. But just in case, would you explain how and where I can import the cookies from?
and thanks, again
Silvina

xxxsarahl
Local time: 02:43
English to French
+ ...
Accept cookies Jan 8, 2005

Hi Silvina,

they probably set your computer to refuse cookies.
Go to control panel, internet options, internet properties,
privacy, and accept cookies.

HTH
Sarah

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:43
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Check the date!! Jan 10, 2005

I have twice had problems: it's a long story, but my PC 'lost' the date, because the battery ran down, so it sprang forward to the year 2080 one time, or back to 2002.

Suddenly everything was blocked and I saw warnings that the most reliable sites like trusted clients and Proz.com were 'not safe' or not recognised, and even Norton would not work!

Norton says, for instance, that Proz.com either has no security system or its subscription has not been renewed. (Well, it's a lot to ask, right up to 2080 ) There are problems with the cookies too. I thought I had a serious virus... Now I check the battery and the date regularly!

It also causes trouble is if I forget to take a CD out when I shut the computer down. One of my dictionaries in particular plays havoc with the settings, and unfortunately does not work without the CD in the drive.

Now I know how to start up and reset the date - then restart without the CD, and everything falls into place again, but it scares me every time!

[Edited at 2005-01-10 12:31]

Argentina
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
accepting cookies Jan 10, 2005

sarahl wrote:

Hi Silvina,

they probably set your computer to refuse cookies.
Go to control panel, internet options, internet properties,
privacy, and accept cookies.

HTH
Sarah

Thanks Sarah, they had set my pc to refuse cookies but that was the first thing I checked at the first moment. Now the only site with which I've still problems is this one. Thanks again, Sarah. I try something different.
Silvina

Argentina
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I'll see Jan 10, 2005

[quote]Christine Andersen wrote:

I have twice had problems: it's a long story, but my PC 'lost' the date, because the battery ran down, so it sprang forward to the year 2080 one time, or back to 2002.

I hadn't thought of the date. I 'll check it as soon as I'm back on my pc. Thank you very much, Christine

Silvina

Argentina
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all of you! Jan 11, 2005

I've finally managed to log in. I've followed all your tips, don't know what worked out.
Best wishes to you all!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot log in from my PC

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs