Internet Search: KudoZ search not working
Thread poster: xxxIanW
xxxIanW
Local time: 03:30
German to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2005

Dear all,

As far as I am concerned, the Internet Search option is one of the best things on the site, particularly since it also searches the ProZ glossaries automatically.

However, in recent weeks, I have noticed that the KudoZ search is no longer conducted automatically in the German-English pair (French-English seems to work fine).

If, for example, I do an "Internet search" on the German word "Welt" ("world"), the KudoZ page does not find anything at all, but if I press on the Search button again, it finds 117 hits, as it would have automatically a few weeks ago.

Is this just me, or is there a problem there. I haven't consciously changed any of the settings (only "Include Unedited" is ticked). Or have I - perish the thought - done something stupid?

If anyone could offer any pointers, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Ian

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:30
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
"whole words only" Jan 19, 2005

Ian Winick wrote:
If, for example, I do an "Internet search" on the German word "Welt" ("world"), the KudoZ page does not find anything at all, but if I press on the Search button again, it finds 117 hits, as it would have automatically a few weeks ago.
Ian

Hi Ian,

I, like you, consider this one of the best Proz.com features. I constantly have the interface open since, like you, I find the combination of Leo, Eurodicautom and Kudoz search truly beneficial.

I just did a quick search of "Welt" under "Internet search", with Kudoz search and Leo open. I also checked the "whole word only" box in Kudoz search. I got 31 results for "Welt" as a separate word. Wanna try that?

M

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet Search: KudoZ search not working

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs