Internet Search: KudoZ search not working
Thread poster: xxxIanW
xxxIanW
Local time: 21:19
German to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2005

Dear all,

As far as I am concerned, the Internet Search option is one of the best things on the site, particularly since it also searches the ProZ glossaries automatically.

However, in recent weeks, I have noticed that the KudoZ search is no longer conducted automatically in the German-English pair (French-English seems to work fine).

If, for example, I do an "Internet search" on the German word "Welt" ("world"), the KudoZ page does not find anything at all, but if I press on the Search button again, it finds 117 hits, as it would have automatically a few weeks ago.

Is this just me, or is there a problem there. I haven't consciously changed any of the settings (only "Include Unedited" is ticked). Or have I - perish the thought - done something stupid?

If anyone could offer any pointers, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Ian

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:19
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
"whole words only" Jan 19, 2005

Ian Winick wrote:
If, for example, I do an "Internet search" on the German word "Welt" ("world"), the KudoZ page does not find anything at all, but if I press on the Search button again, it finds 117 hits, as it would have automatically a few weeks ago.
Ian

Hi Ian,

I, like you, consider this one of the best Proz.com features. I constantly have the interface open since, like you, I find the combination of Leo, Eurodicautom and Kudoz search truly beneficial.

I just did a quick search of "Welt" under "Internet search", with Kudoz search and Leo open. I also checked the "whole word only" box in Kudoz search. I got 31 results for "Welt" as a separate word. Wanna try that?

M

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet Search: KudoZ search not working

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs