Thread poster: IanW (X)
IanW (X)
IanW (X)
Local time: 00:13
German to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2005

Dear all,

As far as I am concerned, the Internet Search option is one of the best things on the site, particularly since it also searches the ProZ glossaries automatically.

However, in recent weeks, I have noticed that the KudoZ search is no longer conducted automatically in the German-English pair (French-English seems to work fine).

If, for example, I do an "Internet search" on the German word "Welt" ("world"), the KudoZ page does not find anything at al
... See more
Dear all,

As far as I am concerned, the Internet Search option is one of the best things on the site, particularly since it also searches the ProZ glossaries automatically.

However, in recent weeks, I have noticed that the KudoZ search is no longer conducted automatically in the German-English pair (French-English seems to work fine).

If, for example, I do an "Internet search" on the German word "Welt" ("world"), the KudoZ page does not find anything at all, but if I press on the Search button again, it finds 117 hits, as it would have automatically a few weeks ago.

Is this just me, or is there a problem there. I haven't consciously changed any of the settings (only "Include Unedited" is ticked). Or have I - perish the thought - done something stupid?

If anyone could offer any pointers, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Ian
Collapse

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
"whole words only" Jan 19, 2005

Ian Winick wrote:
If, for example, I do an "Internet search" on the German word "Welt" ("world"), the KudoZ page does not find anything at all, but if I press on the Search button again, it finds 117 hits, as it would have automatically a few weeks ago.
Ian

Hi Ian,

I, like you, consider this one of the best Proz.com features. I constantly have the interface open since, like you, I find the combination of Leo, Eurodicautom and Kudoz search truly beneficial.

I just did a quick search of "Welt" under "Internet search", with Kudoz search and Leo open. I also checked the "whole word only" box in Kudoz search. I got 31 results for "Welt" as a separate word. Wanna try that?

M

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet Search: KudoZ search not working

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »