Mobile menu

Did you change font size across the site?
Thread poster: António Ribeiro
António Ribeiro  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:34
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 28, 2005

I am getting most of the site in a much smaller font size. Is this normal or am I having a problem with my own machine?

Also, questions are showing with a different lay-out. Top of the page shows the box with the question itself and the bottom of the page shows the normal ProZ background with a big empty in the middle (the usual space for the question box).

Direct link Reply with quote

swisstell
Italy
Local time: 16:34
German to English
+ ...
not a reply, a confirmation Mar 28, 2005

that I am getting the same "big empty space" these recent days.

English Chinese Medical Translator - Jimmy Deng  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 02:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
I have the same problem. Mar 28, 2005

I had, and still have the same problem. Every time, on every ProZ webpage, I had to change the text size from medium to larger from the Explorer Menu. Anyone has any suggestions to solve this problem?

Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
For me the other way round Mar 28, 2005

I have to change from the big one to the small one...
And sometimes I can't change it...

Cheers,
Inés

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:34
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi all Mar 28, 2005

First of all, please be sure you are using the NEW site design (which is standard now); the old design is not supported anymore and may cause various problems.

In order to check which design you are using, please go to any page with a KudoZ question; in case you are in the new (standard design) you should see a link [ Use Old KudoZ Design ] in the upper part of the page, just below the upper menu. In case you will see a link [Switch to Standard KudoZ Design], please click it (this will certainly solve the problems experienced by António and SwissTell).

What about the fonts: in the new design you may choose the settings and save them. To do so, please go to a page with a general list of KudoZ questions. In the top of the page there is a box where you can choose the settings: language pair, fields, level etc., FONT SIZE among them. Please set up whatever you wish and click the button 'View questions and save settings'. This should help.

By the way, you may increase/decrease the display fonts in the forum pages with the button [Font: - / +] located in the left bottom corner of the forum pages.

HTH,
Natalia

[Edited at 2005-03-28 10:04]

António Ribeiro  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:34
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks all Mar 28, 2005

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your information. About the standard design I have to say that I prefer the "Old KudoZ Design".

António

Natalie wrote:

First of all, please be sure you are using the NEW site design (which is standard now); the old design is not supported anymore and may cause various problems.

In order to check which design you are using, please go to any page with a KudoZ question; in case you are in the new (standard design) you should see a link [ Use Old KudoZ Design ] in the upper part of the page, just below the upper menu. In case you will see a link [Switch to Standard KudoZ Design], please click it (this will certainly solve the problems experienced by António and SwissTell).

What about the fonts: in the new design you may choose the settings and save them. To do so, please go to a page with a general list of KudoZ questions. In the top of the page there is a box where you can choose the settings: language pair, fields, level etc., FONT SIZE among them. Please set up whatever you wish and click the button 'View questions and save settings'. This should help.

By the way, you may increase/decrease the display fonts in the forum pages with the button [Font: - / +] located in the left bottom corner of the forum pages.

HTH,
Natalia

[Edited at 2005-03-28 10:04]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Did you change font size across the site?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs