Thread poster: PRAKAASH

PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 01:23
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Apr 10, 2005

It happens quite a lot, whensoever, I enter proz site with my own id, a statement arrives-

You are logged in
Proz Id: PRAKAASH
etc. etc.

What does it mean?

Sometimes, I work through cyber cafes also. Does it mean that someone is able to access proz through my id? If yes, what is the solution?

Thanks in Advance!

PRAKASH SHARMA
FREELANCE TRANSLATOR OF NEPALI, HINDI, SANSKRIT AND ENGLISH TO FOUR OF THE SAME
+977 56 530738
prakaasharmaa@rediffmail.com

Direct link Reply with quote

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
One possible reason Apr 10, 2005

This might be due to the fact that you don't log out before leaving the cyber cafe.

PRAKAASH wrote:

Sometimes, I work through cyber cafes also. Does it mean that someone is able to access proz through my id? If yes, what is the solution?

Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
Logout Apr 11, 2005

Prakash,

You should logout whenever you use a public computer. This is the last button (fifth) below your KudoZ and Browniz scores. I remember there was no logout button on ProZ. On my insistence it was added in year 2001 or so.

Anil

PRAKAASH wrote:

It happens quite a lot, whensoever, I enter proz site with my own id, a statement arrives-

You are logged in
Proz Id: PRAKAASH
etc. etc.

What does it mean?

Thanks in Advance!

PRAKASH SHARMA
FREELANCE TRANSLATOR OF NEPALI, HINDI, SANSKRIT AND ENGLISH TO FOUR OF THE SAME
+977 56 530738
prakaasharmaa@rediffmail.com[/quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

You are logged in!

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs