How to display a link to my web page?
Thread poster: Ester Vidal (X)
Ester Vidal (X)
Ester Vidal (X)
Local time: 08:01
English to Catalan
+ ...
Jun 5, 2002

I have created a web page, I have named it \"index.html\" and I\'m trying to link it to my personal ProZ page. How can I do it? I have tried some things, but I read always \"Welcome!This is your default page\". Thank you very much.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Open your profile, Jun 5, 2002

click \"Edit your site\"

enter your ProZ username and password

to delete the old index.html file check the box near it, go to the bottom of the page and click DELETE

go to the bottom of the page and click at the first CHOOSE button

in the opened window choose your index.html file (choose other files to be uploaded, if you need)

click the UPLOAD FILES button

if the filenam
... See more
click \"Edit your site\"

enter your ProZ username and password

to delete the old index.html file check the box near it, go to the bottom of the page and click DELETE

go to the bottom of the page and click at the first CHOOSE button

in the opened window choose your index.html file (choose other files to be uploaded, if you need)

click the UPLOAD FILES button

if the filename of your new homepage appears as index.HTM, check the box near the filename, go to the bottom of the page, click RENAME, then enter index.html and click RENAME

Click preview to check if everything works.

That\'s it.

Cheers,

Natalia

Collapse

Ester Vidal (X)
Ester Vidal (X)
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Natalie, but... Jun 5, 2002

when I look at my profile page, there\'s no link to Ester\'s ProZ site, as I have seen in other colleagues.

I have made what you told me and when I previewed it worked, but then I cannot access this index.html from my profile page, there\'s no link. Any ideas? Thanks again!

Natalie
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Ester, please check Jun 6, 2002

if there is a small double arrow button at the left side of your profile (Below \"Your site\")with the text next to it: \"Display link on profile page\". This option may be deactivated.

To activate it, please click on the double-arrow.

Ester Vidal (X)
Ester Vidal (X)
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Jun 6, 2002

I have tried it again, clicking on these arrows sometimes, but is not working at all, but thank you for your answers.

Natalie
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Ester, clicking on the arrows "sometimes"... Jun 8, 2002

...would not help for sure!

Please login to ProZ, as you usually do.

Go to your profile page.

Check if the link to your homepage is absent. If it is still absent, then please click on the arrows (\"Display link on profile page\") ONLY ONCE.

RELOAD the page using the Reload button of your browser (or simply close the browser window with your profile and reopen it in another window).

It should
... See more
...would not help for sure!

Please login to ProZ, as you usually do.

Go to your profile page.

Check if the link to your homepage is absent. If it is still absent, then please click on the arrows (\"Display link on profile page\") ONLY ONCE.

RELOAD the page using the Reload button of your browser (or simply close the browser window with your profile and reopen it in another window).

It should help, I hope.

Collapse

Indojin
Indojin
Local time: 11:31
English to Hindi
+ ...
I also have the same problem!! Jun 14, 2002

Hey,

I just looked at your post today.

But I am also facing the same problem...

and I have done all the things as mentioned above.

Is there something wrong on the Proz side ???

Ester Vidal (X)
Ester Vidal (X)
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No idea Jun 14, 2002

Hi!

I have already done what Natalie said, but it doesnt\'t work. I submitted a Support Request, and they only told me to click on the \"Display link\" logo. No idea what can be the problem, but I like to know that I\'m not the only one having problems.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to display a link to my web page?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »