Reduction in cost of platinum for kudoz points ('last day of KudoZ discount')
Thread poster: Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:16
French to English
Apr 29, 2005

Hope this is the right forum for this question.

I've been pursuaded by the recent changes that platinum membership is going to be worthwhile, finally nudged by the offer to upgrade for 13 months for 80 USD virtue of having over 1000 points.

However, the process still wants to charge me 120 USD +VAT + handling charge.

I notice there's a "coupon" box but I'm not aware of any code I can enter there.

Since there's not very much time left and the we
... See more
Hope this is the right forum for this question.

I've been pursuaded by the recent changes that platinum membership is going to be worthwhile, finally nudged by the offer to upgrade for 13 months for 80 USD virtue of having over 1000 points.

However, the process still wants to charge me 120 USD +VAT + handling charge.

I notice there's a "coupon" box but I'm not aware of any code I can enter there.

Since there's not very much time left and the weekend is upon us, I've posted a similar message in reply to Henry's original posting announcing the reduction, in the hope of covering all the bases.

Am I the only person taking advantage of this offer?
Or have I, as I suspect, missed something somewhere....?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-04-30 10:52]
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong Apr 29, 2005

but I believe the reduction was for BrowniZ, not KudoZ? 4,000 browniz, in any case, which would be the equivalent of 400 entries made into the KOG.

[Edited at 2005-04-30 11:00]

Charlie Bavington
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
No, it was for Kudoz Apr 30, 2005

As posted under topic 31662 (which was entitled something like "reduction in cost of platinum for kudoz earners"), I quote from Henry himself:

"As I mentioned in my earlier post, and as suggested by members, to encourage KudoZ points earners to upgrade in step with the leaderboard change, special terms are being offered on platinum membership for one week. Upgrade at the regular price of 120 eur/usd before the end of the week and you will get an extra month, ie. thirteen mont
... See more
As posted under topic 31662 (which was entitled something like "reduction in cost of platinum for kudoz earners"), I quote from Henry himself:

"As I mentioned in my earlier post, and as suggested by members, to encourage KudoZ points earners to upgrade in step with the leaderboard change, special terms are being offered on platinum membership for one week. Upgrade at the regular price of 120 eur/usd before the end of the week and you will get an extra month, ie. thirteen months for the price of twelve. If you have earned at least one hundred (100) PRO points, you can get the same thirteen months at a discounted price: 100 eur/usd. And if you have more than one thousand (1000) PRO points, your price for thirteen months is reduced further to 80 eur/usd.

Earning 100 KudoZ points--let alone 1000--is a significant feat, and the discount I am offering is not on par with your efforts. But I hope the token discount will encourage you to join the ranks of KudoZ leaders who now support ProZ.com--and gain professional advantages--with platinum membership."
Collapse

sevinc altincekic
sevinc altincekic  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:16
English to Turkish
+ ...
your points are not sufficient Apr 30, 2005

Hi Charlie,
The message says

And if you have more than one thousand (1000) PRO points, your price for thirteen months is reduced further to 80 eur/usd.
"

Looking at your profile, you have 1066 kuodz, of which 860 are Pro-level.
That's the reason I think.

Have a nice weekend.
Sevinç

Charlie Bavington
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
You know what, I think that must be it!! Apr 30, 2005

See, that'll teach me to try these things at midnight

Still, perhaps this posting will help someone else to avoid falling into the same trap.

Charlie Bavington
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
However.... Apr 30, 2005

That said, it should still be offering me 13 months for 100 USD for having >100 points, and it isn't.....

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:16
SITE FOUNDER
The offer may have expired prematurely Apr 30, 2005

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for deciding to go platinum. The dates we were planning to offer the discount to KudoZ point earners changed once, and I suspect the old date may still be in the code. I will look into it and post again.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:16
SITE FOUNDER
Promotion turned back on Apr 30, 2005

OK, I changed the date. Today is the last day of the sale. Thanks for catching this error, Charlie.

RHELLER
RHELLER
United States
Local time: 06:16
French to English
+ ...
PRO vs NON-PRO Apr 30, 2005

I think this subject was brought up recently but am not sure where.

What if previous questions were misclassified as Non-Pro?

Is there a quick way to change the classification other than voting (and peer voting)?

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:16
Catalan to English
+ ...
Unable to pay for Platinum May 1, 2005

Henry wrote:

OK, I changed the date. Today is the last day of the sale. Thanks for catching this error, Charlie.

I tried to take up this offer yesterday evening and despite going through the process twice was unable to complete the transaction.

I sent a support request but have so far heard nothing.

Any enlightenment?

Regards,
Andy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reduction in cost of platinum for kudoz points ('last day of KudoZ discount')

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »