Thread poster: Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 02:34
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 6, 2005

My rates got all messed up on my profile and I cant adjust them, it tells me that I can only edit them once every 3 months, is there any way that I can hide them from my profile? thanks

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
They are already hidden May 6, 2005

You are the only one who can see them.

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 03:34
Italian to Danish
+ ...
They are? May 7, 2005

Why should one put rates on the profile page if they are automatically hidden? If you click for "visitors view" you will see that they are not. (but to hide them - if you must - click on "toggle")

[Edited at 2005-05-07 06:48]

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:34
Italian to English
+ ...
me too May 7, 2005

I messed up my rates when I entered them last time for some reason. The "calculations" the site made with the figures I entered didn't really match up. I wonder why we can't change them in 3 months?

Slightly off-topic but I'd like to see some improvements made to the rate-entering system. I just entered my rates for EN>EN and there is no facility for going back and forward between pages, reviewing the rates at the end to make sure you're happy before they're posted, etc. There's no
... See more
I messed up my rates when I entered them last time for some reason. The "calculations" the site made with the figures I entered didn't really match up. I wonder why we can't change them in 3 months?

Slightly off-topic but I'd like to see some improvements made to the rate-entering system. I just entered my rates for EN>EN and there is no facility for going back and forward between pages, reviewing the rates at the end to make sure you're happy before they're posted, etc. There's no mention on the first page you come to (as far as I remember) of what the second page will do and it isn't clear which of the three rates (min/max/target) the site will post as your rate (in your profile).

[Edited at 2005-05-07 09:22]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hiding rates on profile

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »