Mobile menu

Trados T-Window for Excel
Thread poster: Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:25
English to Finnish
+ ...
Jun 7, 2002

Does anyone have experience with this Trados application? I recently upgraded my Trados 5 Freelance to 5.5 Freelance and now I am trying to translate an Excel spreadsheet in the T-Window for Excel. After translating 10 TUs I get a message that “only 10 TUs are allowed in the demo mode”. Do I need to pay for a separate licence for this? Is it not included in the 5.5 upgrade?

Thanks for your advice.

Direct link Reply with quote

ALAIN COTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:25
Japanese to French
Activate the dongle Jun 7, 2002

I think you have to reactivate the dongle for 5.5. You have to download a file for that, from the Trados Web site... (T5.5 License Migrator)

Good luck!

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:25
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 7, 2002

I think I\'ve now sorted it.

Now I just have to learn how to used the tool....

ALAIN COTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:25
Japanese to French
The most confusing Jun 7, 2002

part is that you have to make a project file before to open the Excel file itself. After that, it is excellent, and very fast.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados T-Window for Excel

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs