Trados T-Window for Excel
Thread poster: Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)
Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)
Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Finnish
+ ...
Jun 7, 2002

Does anyone have experience with this Trados application? I recently upgraded my Trados 5 Freelance to 5.5 Freelance and now I am trying to translate an Excel spreadsheet in the T-Window for Excel. After translating 10 TUs I get a message that “only 10 TUs are allowed in the demo mode”. Do I need to pay for a separate licence for this? Is it not included in the 5.5 upgrade?

Thanks for your advice.

ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:19
Japanese to French
Activate the dongle Jun 7, 2002

I think you have to reactivate the dongle for 5.5. You have to download a file for that, from the Trados Web site... (T5.5 License Migrator)

Good luck!

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)
Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 7, 2002

I think I\'ve now sorted it.

Now I just have to learn how to used the tool....

ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:19
Japanese to French
The most confusing Jun 7, 2002

part is that you have to make a project file before to open the Excel file itself. After that, it is excellent, and very fast.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados T-Window for Excel

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »