Mobile menu

3 answers in KUDOZ list and by email but "No answer" below question
Thread poster: Chinh Chu

Chinh Chu  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:02
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
Jun 13, 2005

I posted an question in KUDOZ and got two answers by email and the KUDOZ list shows 3 in the answer column as well. After I clicked on the question to see the answers contents then what I received is "No answer received yet". I don't know why. Please help me

Direct link Reply with quote

Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 18:32
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
The answers may have been hidden by the answerers Jun 13, 2005

Often answerers decide after posting their answers that they are incorrect or not worth posting and use the "Hide this answer" button to hide their answers. In such cases, the main kudoz list shows the number of answers posted but the question page will not show the hidden answers.

Another possiblity is slow server response at your end. I often face this problem in Ahmedabad, India. Answers posted do not immediately become visible.

A third possibility is that your browser setting needs to be tweaked so that cached pages are not brought up when you open the site and the latest pages are loaded. In IE-6 you can do this by going to Tools, then Options, then General, then Settings. Choose "Check for newer versions of the page on every visit to the page."

Cheers.

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:02
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
Hidden answers Jun 13, 2005

Balasubramaniam wrote:
Often answerers decide after posting their answers that they are incorrect or not worth posting and use the "Hide this answer" button to hide their answers. In such cases, the main kudoz list shows the number of answers posted but the question page will not show the hidden answers.

As a moderator, I can see that three answers have been hidden. However, I don't know the reasons for the answerers hiding their answers.

Gayle

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

3 answers in KUDOZ list and by email but "No answer" below question

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs