How can I edit the services I offer for each language combination?
Thread poster: Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:28
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2005

I've noticed that my language profile for Italian-English is set so that I seem to offer all services in all styles, which is not true! But I seem to be completely unable to edit it - I can't click on the combination itself and the only option I'm given is to add a new language (trying to enter the same combination with different services didn't work, either). Short of deleting the combination and re-entering it from scratch, is there any way I can edit the profile?

[Edited at 2005-06-17
... See more
I've noticed that my language profile for Italian-English is set so that I seem to offer all services in all styles, which is not true! But I seem to be completely unable to edit it - I can't click on the combination itself and the only option I'm given is to add a new language (trying to enter the same combination with different services didn't work, either). Short of deleting the combination and re-entering it from scratch, is there any way I can edit the profile?

[Edited at 2005-06-17 16:36]
Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:28
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Probably you need to remove and set the language again Jun 17, 2005

Dear Marie,

I have just tried what you described, and it seems that you need to remove the language pair that you intend to change, and then add it again with the correct services. At least, I have not found any other faster method.

The delete command is on the right hand side.

After you have entered again the language pair amended, you may want to sort the languages in the correct order, setting the number on the left hand side. When you hare done,
... See more
Dear Marie,

I have just tried what you described, and it seems that you need to remove the language pair that you intend to change, and then add it again with the correct services. At least, I have not found any other faster method.

The delete command is on the right hand side.

After you have entered again the language pair amended, you may want to sort the languages in the correct order, setting the number on the left hand side. When you hare done, click on Change sort order.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2005-06-17 17:08]
Collapse

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:28
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - will do Jun 17, 2005

MH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I edit the services I offer for each language combination?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »