https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/33657-printing_the_forums_page_cuts_off.html

Printing the forums - page cuts off
Thread poster: Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 22, 2005

When i try to print a forum discussion, the right hand side of the text gets cut off. Can any one advise if it is possible to change the printer settings to make it fit to page?

Alternatively, would it be possible for the Proz.com team to offer a 'print friendly' version of the forum, without the navigation bars etc?

Thanks

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:32
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
It must depend on the printer Jun 22, 2005

I just tried it, and I find that my printer automatically reformatted it so that although the box containing the text of postings is narrower, the text is reformatted to shorter and more lines, and nothing is lost. This is not due to any special setting I made.
(My printer is a Brother DCP 8020)

[Edited at 2005-06-22 09:22]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 17:32
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Try to set the paper size as letter, Jun 22, 2005

not A-4.

Uldis

Wendy Leech wrote:

When i try to print a forum discussion, the right hand side of the text gets cut off. Can any one advise if it is possible to change the printer settings to make it fit to page?

Alternatively, would it be possible for the Proz.com team to offer a 'print friendly' version of the forum, without the navigation bars etc?

Thanks

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:32
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Printer-friendly version Jun 22, 2005

I second this suggestion. I once tried to copy some forum postings into a Word document to send it to a friend, but it took really long because when copying and pasting, it would copy all the pictures and the table formatting. Would be great to have a printer-friendly version for the forum postings.

Stefanie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Printing the forums - page cuts off

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »