Victòria Peñafiel Ducròs
Victòria Peñafiel Ducròs
Spain
Local time: 04:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 17, 2002

Hi all!

I guess this is a newbie question but... I would like to find out how to import an existing Trados DB into DejaVu. The manual from DejaVu is quite old and I don\'t see the same screens; I can only import files for the project, but I can\'t seem to find a solution to import a Trados DB into the DejaVu DB to merge the information...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Victoria

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 04:17
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Solution Jun 17, 2002

As a DV newbie, you may want to checkout a dedicated DV list. Go to www.atril.com, click on Support, then Usergroup, then follow the link to the list. Here you can ask any DV related question, or search on a keyword to show relevant hits.

Here is the answer to your question:

1. Open the existing TM in Trados.

2. Export it: File - Export

In the field list double-click on
... See more
As a DV newbie, you may want to checkout a dedicated DV list. Go to www.atril.com, click on Support, then Usergroup, then follow the link to the list. Here you can ask any DV related question, or search on a keyword to show relevant hits.

Here is the answer to your question:

1. Open the existing TM in Trados.

2. Export it: File - Export

In the field list double-click on the source and the target language segments, these will appear in the big window above. Click OK

Enter a name for the file and remember the file path.

3. Close Trados, open Deja Vu Database Maintenance.

4. Create a new (empty database) - or open an existing one if you want to add your Trados TM to an existing databse.

To create new: File - New and follow the Wizard instructions.

5. Import:

File - Import. From the database types, choose \"Trados WB database\". Here comes the tricky part. You should make sure the language codes in the right hand side are EXACTLY the same as in your Trados TM file. You can check this by opening the Trados TM in a text editor (Notepad, Word) and check the first few lines. Verify the language codes, also, whether they are written with a hyphen or an underscore.

After checking, insert the SAME codes in the DV \"Import Database\" window (otherwise the segments will not be recognized).

Select Origin (the file path), press \"Import\".

6. That\'s it. After the importing process you should see a message saying \"xxx segments added\". xxx should be a valid figure, not zero.

7. You can now use the database in DV also.

good luck!

Csaba Ban
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

importing trados db into dejavu

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »