Dreamweaver shows uploaded picture on remote server, but the server itself doesn't show pictures
Thread poster: Joris Bogaert

Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:08
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 18, 2005

Hello,

I've recently being working on my control panel (why does it take so much time lo load??), and I may have changed some properties (yes, very stupid, indeed...).

The result of my own 'genius' is that the pictures on my website (they're uploaded, I've chekced it several times on my control panel - file manager) don't show up anymore.

How can I make them visible again? I tried to fix te problem reputting the files from Dreamweaver to the server, but it doesnt' work. Dreamweaver shows every picture when retrieving the remote files, but the server doesn't! Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

sylvie malich
Germany
German to English
Does the new path correspond to where the images are? Jul 19, 2005

My guess is that you've changed the original path to your images. The new path doesn't lead to the old images. You have to upload everything. All files, image folders, changed files.

sylvie

www.einmalich.net

Italy
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Entire site reloaded - images still not visible... Jul 19, 2005

I've reloaded the entire site on teh web, but it still says:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /homelogo.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

So I think it is a matter of access (permission), not of availability...

Italy
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem fixed! Jul 19, 2005

The problem was I toggled my Hotlink protection on, that's why I couldn't see my own uploaded pictures...
Anyway, can anybody explain the use of hotlink protection? I knwow it's use for avoiding the use of 'stolen' memory from other sites... but that's about all..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dreamweaver shows uploaded picture on remote server, but the server itself doesn't show pictures

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums