Mobile menu

difficult/impossible to find your own support tickets
Thread poster: xxxUSER00230
xxxUSER00230
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:55
German to English
Jul 21, 2005

As far as I can tell the only way to access your support tickets is to enter a new one, which brings up a list of all support tickets submitted, unless you know the url of your support ticket and its number, which naturally you normally don't.

Am I right about this, or is there some way of accessing them on the site? I went through "support" several times and couldn't find one.

If there isn't, is there a good reason for this? otherwise I would suggest it is changed. In my case I haven't been receiuving email from proz for a while, so i didn't realize that a request had been answered several months ago.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:55
English to German
+ ...
Confirmation e-mail? Jul 21, 2005

Hi William,
As far as I can tell the only way to access your support tickets is to enter a new one, which brings up a list of all support tickets submitted, unless you know the url of your support ticket and its number, which naturally you normally don't.

Why not? Right after submitting a Support Request, you will get a confirmation e-mail containing a link to your ticket. Didn't you get one?

Best regards,
Ralf

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:55
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
Hi William Jul 21, 2005

The link to the tickets is quite simple:
http://www.proz.com/tickets

Hopefully, it will be included into the menus soon

HTH,
Natalia

Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
Not much use if email if the cause of the ticket Jul 21, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Right after submitting a Support Request, you will get a confirmation e-mail containing a link to your ticket. Didn't you get one?

Best regards,
Ralf

Hi,
I had the same problem a little while ago - not being able to find my ticket. The issue in my case was in fact that ProZ email wasn't arriving, so the notification email was as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

Additionally, many people (including me), will see an automatically generated message like that and think "OK, they've got it then" and delete it without opening.

It's not (IMHO) a problem to rank with the issue of "site abuse", but a menu option somewhere to lead to an individual's tickets would undoubtedly be useful.

xxxUSER00230
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
exactly Jul 22, 2005

exactly right Charlie - if it's an email problem (which are common) you won't get an email confirmation. Then the only way to do it is to generate a new ticket, so that you can access the old ones, unless as I say you have taken note of the url proz.com/tickets...so why not have a menu option.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

difficult/impossible to find your own support tickets

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs