Thread poster: Gina W
Gina W
Gina W
United States
Local time: 16:25
Member (2003)
French to English
Aug 19, 2005

My glossary has disappeared, except for the terms entered where I "named" the particular sub-glossary. Um, I have entered some terms that were hard for me to find, so that everyone else can also benefit from my past research, and now those are missing? If there was going to be maintenance done on my glossary, I would have liked to have known about it before it disappeared. I know there has been maintenance to KudoZ, but no one told me that I had to all of a sudden categorize all my glossary e... See more
My glossary has disappeared, except for the terms entered where I "named" the particular sub-glossary. Um, I have entered some terms that were hard for me to find, so that everyone else can also benefit from my past research, and now those are missing? If there was going to be maintenance done on my glossary, I would have liked to have known about it before it disappeared. I know there has been maintenance to KudoZ, but no one told me that I had to all of a sudden categorize all my glossary entries or they would disappear.Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:25
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Aug 19, 2005

Hi gad,
May I suggest you submit a Support Request, perhaps specifying some examples which are no longer displayed?

Best regards,
Ralf

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Member (2003)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
I was wondering if it was just me Aug 19, 2005

I was wondering if this was a problem that other people had, but ok, I'll submit a support request.

I also want to make others aware that my glossary entries disappeared, and I wasn't informed that this would happen. I think that's relevant enough to share on the forums.

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:25
German to English
+ ...
How is the new glossary system organised? Aug 19, 2005

As far as I can see, it merely gives 147 search pages of glossaries, listed in order of the number of terms, but with ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO SEARCH BY LANGUAGE and ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO SORT BY SUBJECT.

Unless I have missed something, it is just a disorganised jumble. Nobody is going to scroll manually through a random-order 147 page list of glossaries.

I assume that work is still in progress and that some sort of navigable structure will eventually arise. Until then, the
... See more
As far as I can see, it merely gives 147 search pages of glossaries, listed in order of the number of terms, but with ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO SEARCH BY LANGUAGE and ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO SORT BY SUBJECT.

Unless I have missed something, it is just a disorganised jumble. Nobody is going to scroll manually through a random-order 147 page list of glossaries.

I assume that work is still in progress and that some sort of navigable structure will eventually arise. Until then, the only option is to search for individual terms in KudoZ (I assume that feature is still with us).
Collapse

craigs
craigs
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes what is the deal w/the glossaries? Aug 19, 2005

or why is "Members Glossaries" greyed out?

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
My glossary page will be restored Aug 19, 2005

gad wrote:

My glossary has disappeared, except for the terms entered where I "named" the particular sub-glossary. Um, I have entered some terms that were hard for me to find, so that everyone else can also benefit from my past research, and now those are missing? If there was going to be maintenance done on my glossary, I would have liked to have known about it before it disappeared. I know there has been maintenance to KudoZ, but no one told me that I had to all of a sudden categorize all my glossary entries or they would disappear.

Hi Gad,

We will correct this problem. Thanks for the bug report.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Member glossary list is under development Aug 19, 2005

Hi everyone,

The member glossary lists are still under development. They were not intended to be visible yet under the main menu. Sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,

Jason

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Member (2003)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I noticed that, too Aug 19, 2005

Victor Dewsbery wrote:

Yes, I noticed that, too - I wasn't quite sure what the point was of listing all these glossaries, when I couldn't even filter out the ones that are not in my language pair.

Thanks for posting this.

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Member (2003)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
OK, thanks Aug 19, 2005

Jason Grimes wrote:

Hi everyone,

The member glossary lists are still under development. They were not intended to be visible yet under the main menu. Sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason, thanks for both of these posts - I was going to submit a support request, as suggested, but didn't yet get a chance to this morning (it's still early). Thanks again.

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Member (2003)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Good questions, craigs Aug 19, 2005

craigs wrote:

or why is "Members Glossaries" greyed out?

What's funny is that it being greyed out makes it more noticeable, as well.

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Member (2003)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed Aug 19, 2005

Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where is the rest of my glossary?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »