Is it possible to have a ".de" domain with Proz hosting?
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 00:17
German to English
Aug 24, 2005

Hi Proz,
I was contemplating upgrading to Platinum again and using the Proz hosting function. What worries me, however, is that I see no indication that it is possibile to use a ".de" domain. The most important address for my site is a ".com" address, but one of my main e-mail addresses that I have used for years runs (i.e. that all of my customers write me on and that I would not want to change for that reason) runs over a ".de" URL.
Would it be possible to maintain this ".de" URL
... See more
Hi Proz,
I was contemplating upgrading to Platinum again and using the Proz hosting function. What worries me, however, is that I see no indication that it is possibile to use a ".de" domain. The most important address for my site is a ".com" address, but one of my main e-mail addresses that I have used for years runs (i.e. that all of my customers write me on and that I would not want to change for that reason) runs over a ".de" URL.
Would it be possible to maintain this ".de" URL and e-mail address if I used Proz hosting?
Thanks,
Rebecca
Collapse

Steven Sidore
Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:17
German to English
Do you own the domain? Aug 24, 2005

If you own the .de domain, then you can have it switched over to be administered by proz (for a fee, I think).

Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 00:17
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Switching over of .de domain for administration by Proz. Aug 24, 2005

Yes, I own the domain.
Can anyone from the Proz staff confirm Steve's information? I would like to know for sure before going Platinum with the intention of using the hosting function. Thanks.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:17
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you accept my confirmation? Aug 24, 2005

I owe a .de domain and it is hosted by ProZ.com within my Platinum membership. I can only advice you to go for it, as this is on no additional cost and works very fine. You will have enough e-mail space and a ftp-server on top.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to have a ".de" domain with Proz hosting?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »