Thread poster: DocteurPC
DocteurPC
DocteurPC  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:11
English to French
+ ...
Aug 24, 2005

I posted 2 questions yesterday afternoon Aug 23rd) and 3 last night - so if it's a rolling calendar, I should be able to post the same number of questions this afternoon and tonight. I checked the time, and it seems that I should be allowed. However, I'm told that I have to wait 5 hours for more questions - it does not compute

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Calculation appears to be correct Aug 24, 2005

DocteurPC wrote:

I posted 2 questions yesterday afternoon Aug 23rd) and 3 last night - so if it's a rolling calendar, I should be able to post the same number of questions this afternoon and tonight. I checked the time, and it seems that I should be allowed. However, I'm told that I have to wait 5 hours for more questions - it does not compute

Hi DocteurPC,

I see that you have asked five questions in the past 24 hours, the oldest of which was asked at 23:15 GMT on August 23. So you should be able to ask another at 23:15 GMT today, August 24. Does that not match up with the information you are shown on the asking page?

Best regards,

Jason

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
The limit is imposed on a 24-hour window Aug 24, 2005

The count used is the number of questions you have asked in the previous 24 hours.

You asked the first of your five-question batch at approximately 23:15 yesterday (GMT), so the next time you can ask a question is approximately 23:15 tonight (at which time the number of questions you have asked in the past 24 hours will have dropped to four.) Of course, as soon as you ask that additional question, your total will go back up to five, so you will have to wait again before posting. In
... See more
The count used is the number of questions you have asked in the previous 24 hours.

You asked the first of your five-question batch at approximately 23:15 yesterday (GMT), so the next time you can ask a question is approximately 23:15 tonight (at which time the number of questions you have asked in the past 24 hours will have dropped to four.) Of course, as soon as you ask that additional question, your total will go back up to five, so you will have to wait again before posting. In your case, the subsequent wait will be about nine minutes.

I'll clarify the method used to calculate in the page.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

24 hours before new questions - how is the 24 hours calculated

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »