Mysterious words in front of term
Thread poster: PAS

PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:54
English to Polish
+ ...
Aug 26, 2005

On the question list I see the words "Good one!!" written in front of question

It's quite a normal question in all regards, so why is it so good that it merits a special description?

Confused, but not tragically,
Pawel Skalinski

Direct link Reply with quote

Brie Vernier  Identity Verified
German to English
New option in Kudoz Aug 26, 2005

The new Kudoz layout (available only in the beta version right now) offers a new option: anyone considering the question can click the button "I think this is a good question", then you'll see the new icon in the list. If no one clicks it, the icon doesn't appear. Simple as that.

PAS  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Life's little secrets :-) Aug 26, 2005

Thanks for the answer. I toyed around with the beta, but I obviously haven't explored all aspects of the new design.

Thanks again,

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:54
Partial member
+ ...
Good or not good? Aug 26, 2005

I came up with this new feature when I posted an answer for a question. I hadn't read anything about this yet so I clicked on the info icon but nothing came up. On 'Other Options' it says: Check if you think this term should be marked as a good question. I assumed that in this case 'good' was synonym of 'acceptable'. Now I see that it's not.

From what I understand a 'good question' is more of an interesting question or useful question, "questions of particular interest" according to Henry. This feature will be explained soon.

See this thread:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mysterious words in front of term

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs