How to put search terms in Proz search URL?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 7, 2005

G'day everyone

I'd like to link directly to the search results of a Proz forum search, but the URL for a Proz forum search is always simply proz.com/?sp=search and nothing more.

Sometimes I'd like to add a link in a forum post to a specific search and I'd like to be helpful so that people can simply click the link instead of having to perform the search themselves. Is there a way to add the search words to the URL?

For example, searching for "invoice" might have the URL proz.com/?sp=search&keyword=invoice.

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

It is possible Sep 7, 2005

Just copy the link to page 1 of the search results.

For example, in order to perform the search for "invoice" type the word "invoice" into the search box and press enter. You are taken to the page with advanced search box options in the upper part and list of results in the lower part. Over the list of results you can see the title:

Search results: ([number] matches)
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Last

Copy the link to "1" - and you are done.

Here is the link for your example:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/new&action=SearchForum&advanced=y&pattern_and=invoice&results_start=0

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Cool, but... Sep 7, 2005

Natalie wrote:
Copy the link to "1" - and you are done.

That is an interesting workaround, but I noticed that it only works in the KudoZ search form with the individual glossaries - not with the entire page - and only if there are enough terms to fill more than one page.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to put search terms in Proz search URL?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs