How to put search terms in Proz search URL?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:43
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 7, 2005

G'day everyone

I'd like to link directly to the search results of a Proz forum search, but the URL for a Proz forum search is always simply proz.com/?sp=search and nothing more.

Sometimes I'd like to add a link in a forum post to a specific search and I'd like to be helpful so that people can simply click the link instead of having to perform the search themselves. Is there a way to add the search words to the URL?

For example, searching for "invoice" migh
... See more
G'day everyone

I'd like to link directly to the search results of a Proz forum search, but the URL for a Proz forum search is always simply proz.com/?sp=search and nothing more.

Sometimes I'd like to add a link in a forum post to a specific search and I'd like to be helpful so that people can simply click the link instead of having to perform the search themselves. Is there a way to add the search words to the URL?

For example, searching for "invoice" might have the URL proz.com/?sp=search&keyword=invoice.

Thanks!
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
It is possible Sep 7, 2005

Just copy the link to page 1 of the search results.

For example, in order to perform the search for "invoice" type the word "invoice" into the search box and press enter. You are taken to the page with advanced search box options in the upper part and list of results in the lower part. Over the list of results you can see the title:

Search results: ([number] matches)
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Last

Copy the link to "1" - and you are done.

Her
... See more
Just copy the link to page 1 of the search results.

For example, in order to perform the search for "invoice" type the word "invoice" into the search box and press enter. You are taken to the page with advanced search box options in the upper part and list of results in the lower part. Over the list of results you can see the title:

Search results: ([number] matches)
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Last

Here is the link for your example:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/new&action=SearchForum&advanced=y&pattern_and=invoice&results_start=0
Collapse

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Cool, but... Sep 7, 2005

Natalie wrote:

That is an interesting workaround, but I noticed that it only works in the KudoZ search form with the individual glossaries - not with the entire page - and only if there are enough terms to fill more than one page.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to put search terms in Proz search URL?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »