Thread poster: Jackie Bowman
Jackie Bowman
Jackie Bowman

Local time: 08:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 19, 2005

Folks,

I received a wholly unprovoked abusive email through my ProZ profile, from someone who was not logged in. The message came from ‘Wizzie’ at the address [email protected] Is there any way to track this sender? Thanks for any help.

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:08
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Forward it to proz.com staff via support request Sep 19, 2005

Hi,
If you have reasons to believe that the e-mail you recived violates the profile mail rules, please send the copy (with full headers, this is important) to proz.com staff using the Support Request form (click Support in the top right menu).
Also, in your profile settings you can block receiving mail from unlogged individuals. (This of course doesn't help much once you already received hatemail).

HTH,
Magda

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:08
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
ignore immature trolls Sep 19, 2005

Jack Bowman wrote:

Folks,

I received a wholly unprovoked abusive email through my ProZ profile, from someone who was not logged in. The message came from ‘Wizzie’ at the address [email protected] Is there any way to track this sender? Thanks for any help.

Mark as "junk" and then ignore. Life's too short to worry about losers who send hatemail.

By the way, your profile is quite amusing. Is it supposed to be as it is? "No offers, ever" !!

davidgreen
davidgreen
German to English
forward the message to yahoo Sep 19, 2005

If the email is really abuse you can click on "show headers" and foward it directly to [email protected] and they may cancel the account...it's probably an email just for sending abuse anyway, hence the "ihatefachos" part of the address.

Bianca Jacobsohn
Bianca Jacobsohn  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
For real? Sep 19, 2005

Sorry to hear about that abusive email.

Is your profile page for real?
"And, most importantly, at BILLS we have 1,683 years of experience serving overweight people with dyed hair and disheartening clothing who don’t understand what a sentence is supposed to do. "

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:08
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Email address now blocked Sep 19, 2005

Hi,

I am very sorry to read you received an unpleasant email via your profile.

Contacting ProZ.com Support is definitely the best solution, but moderators could help, too.

I have blocked that particular address after reading your posting, but I am afraid that that was a one-time email address, created for the occasion.

Giuliana

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Wonderful!!! Sep 20, 2005

"Jack Bowman
Your deadline is unimportant"

Will Matter
Will Matter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:08
English
+ ...
Now if *I* only understood what BILLS really does... Sep 21, 2005

I don't get it. What, if anything, do you really do (in the real world, with the rest of us)? Do you actually translate or interpret or have a real job like the rest of us or do you just spend your spare time creating bizarre, semi-pretentious, highly unimpressive, relatively hard to understand vaguely pseudo-intellectualized websites that read just like a very poorly translated Derrida manuscript that was "deconstructed" and then "re-assembled" (after being found by the side of the road)by a g... See more
I don't get it. What, if anything, do you really do (in the real world, with the rest of us)? Do you actually translate or interpret or have a real job like the rest of us or do you just spend your spare time creating bizarre, semi-pretentious, highly unimpressive, relatively hard to understand vaguely pseudo-intellectualized websites that read just like a very poorly translated Derrida manuscript that was "deconstructed" and then "re-assembled" (after being found by the side of the road)by a group of second grade ESL learners on the bus to Biarritz?Collapse

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
French to English
Jack... Sep 22, 2005

Love your profile. Can you write a similar one for me? I dunno...just finished reading the latest Bret Easton Ellis novel, which put me in a strange mood and something in your profile really speaks to me...

Sara

hirselina
hirselina
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Wholly unprovoked abusive email ? Oct 28, 2005

[quote]Jack Bowman wrote:

Folks,

"I received a wholly unprovoked abusive email through my ProZ profile, from someone who was not logged in."

Wholy unprovoked? The least one can say is that you're not a good sport, Jack! It must have been great fun to write a Kudoz profile full of silly insultings towards prospective clients. So why not let those who don't like your sense of humour express their feelings too?

Hirselina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Abusive email

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »