Mobile menu

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Where is Palestine on Country Lists? ('added')
Thread poster: Dina Abdo

Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 08:45
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
Sep 24, 2005

Hi again everybody

I was wondering ... if Palestine actually exists ... then how it comes that it's not listed in the countries list on Proz.com?

This is a call for Proz to list my country ... I picked Kuwait as I lived there for a long time, but - really not trying to sound aggressive - I'd prefer selecting Palestine instead ... I'm Palestinian and located in Palestine after all !!

I could have picked Israel you know, but - and again not trying to sound aggressive - I'm not an Israeli ... I'm not even allowed into Israeli territories!

This is a question I'm posting to ProZ staff ... any supporters?

P.S This isn't an OFF-TOPIC to me

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:45
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Dina Sep 24, 2005

I am moving your question to ProZ.com technical support forum where I believe it will be addressed faster.

Natalia

Palestine
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Sep 24, 2005

Natalie wrote:

I am moving your question to ProZ.com technical support forum where I believe it will be addressed faster.

Natalia

Thank you so much for your interest (f)

Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
. Sep 24, 2005

Thank you Dina for pointing that out, I never noticed it before. I totally agree with you, Palestine should be among the list of countries on this site and all over the internet. I am not saying this because my family is originally from Palestine but because Palestine is a country recognised by the United Nations. Thanks again.

Ziad

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:45
English to Arabic
+ ...
Agree 100% Sep 24, 2005

If the "Heard & McDonald Islands" (huh?) are listed on the countries list, then I believe Palestine should be too.

(By the way, according to the CIA Factbook, the "Heard & McDonald Islands" are "uninhabited, barren, sub-Antarctic islands [that] were transferred from the UK to Australia in 1947")!

Cheers

Nesrin

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:45
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Technical support notified Sep 24, 2005

Hi Dina,
Thanks for noticing it. The list of countries, regions and languages in different parts of the site is not fully complete and from time to time omissions or errors are spoted and corrected.

Best,

Magda

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 01:45
SITE FOUNDER
ProZ.com uses ISO list of countries Sep 25, 2005

ProZ.com uses the ISO list of country codes. Since ProZ.com was developed in early 1999, our basic list is what was current with the ISO at the time. Having seen this post I researched the matter and found that Palestine was added by the ISO to their list of country codes in October 1999. I have therefore added Palestine to our list. Thanks for posting, Dina, maybe you'll be our first member listed in Palestine.

Palestine
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU :) Sep 25, 2005

Henry wrote:

ProZ.com uses the ISO list of country codes. Since ProZ.com was developed in early 1999, our basic list is what was current with the ISO at the time. Having seen this post I researched the matter and found that Palestine was added by the ISO to their list of country codes in October 1999. I have therefore added Palestine to our list. Thanks for posting, Dina, maybe you'll be our first member listed in Palestine.

You're absolutely the BEST Henry

I already changed my country's name on ProZ.com to PALESTINE ... so guess I'm really the first member from Palestine now

Thanks a million

S Abdullah
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thank you sweet dina Sep 25, 2005

Thank you sweet dina, you got the honor of correcting this, big hug to sweet dina

Vicky Papaprodromou  Identity Verified
Greece
Member (2004)
English to Greek
+ ...
Greetings from Greece Sep 25, 2005

Welcome to all Palestinian colleagues!

Dina, I am so glad you are now the first Proz member from the State of Palestine. My best wishes for your career... and remember, you are always welcome to visit your Greek friends - it's only a short distance, after all.:-)

Henry, thanks for this prompt amendment of the Country Lists!

xxxsarahl
Local time: 22:45
English to French
+ ...
Marhaban Falestine! Sep 25, 2005

Welcome to Proz.com, Palestine!

The more the merrier!

Palestine
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

S abdullah, Vicky, and Sarah ... Thank you all

Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Congratulations! Sep 25, 2005

Now, we have Palestine!

Cheers!

Inés

[Edited at 2005-09-25 22:50]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where is Palestine on Country Lists? ('added')

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs