Joris Bogaert
Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:12
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 27, 2005

Hello,

I'm using my domain www.villalingua.com, and I started using as well [email protected] for my work & communications, but I would like to change my username (in order to download my mails) from "joris" to "Villa Lingua". How can I manage this? I tried the Control Panel and I read the proz.mail instructions as well, bu
... See more
Hello,

I'm using my domain www.villalingua.com, and I started using as well [email protected] for my work & communications, but I would like to change my username (in order to download my mails) from "joris" to "Villa Lingua". How can I manage this? I tried the Control Panel and I read the proz.mail instructions as well, but I didn't find it...

Can this be fixed? And how?
Thanks a lot,

Joris
Collapse

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:12
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
add account Sep 27, 2005

Joris Bogaert wrote:

Hello,

I'm using my domain www.villalingua.com, and I started using as well [email protected] for my work & communications, but I would like to change my username (in order to download my mails) from "joris" to "Villa Lingua". How can I manage this? I tried the Control Panel and I read the proz.mail instructions as well, but I didn't find it...

Hi Joris. Do you want to have your proz mail (e.g. mail sent to your profile) forwarded from joris to villalingua? Or is "joris" the username you have for webhosting and you'd like to change that to be the same as your ProZ username?

If you want to change it on ProZ you have to go to My Profile->Settings->Personal Data, and you type the new e-mail address.

If you want to change it on your Web Hosting page in order to download mails sent to joris, to your villalingua account, then I think what you have to do is: from the Control Panel, go to Forwarders and Add Forwarder "from joris AT villalingua" to "villalingua AT villalingua".

Or was this not what you were asking?
Maria

Joris Bogaert
Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:12
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Forgotten reply Oct 21, 2005

Hello,

Excuse me, I forgot this topic as I finally found it on my own.
Thanks anyway for the explanation!

Have a nice day,

Joris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing username for proz. domain mail purposes - how to do it

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »