Mobile menu

Question about "my wallet".
Thread poster: Noemí Busnelli
Noemí Busnelli  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:38
English to Spanish
Oct 1, 2005

I'm new in proz and don't understand clearly how "my wallet" works. I know I have 300 brownies to start working, but what shall I do next? How can I deposit money in it and how much?

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:38
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
My Wallet and BrowniZ Oct 2, 2005

Hello Noemí, welcome to ProZ.

I think you're confusing 'My Wallet' with 'Browniz'. Up until a couple of years ago, you could use ProZ to receive payments from clients. A feature that I never used and it's now disabled for good.

BrowniZ on the other hand are points awarded for services within the community: answering KudoZ, entering terms to the glossary, organizing/attending powwows, etc.

The reason you start with 300 BrowniZ is for you to try the different features available w/o BrowniZ to Platinum members, like bidding for jobs or checking the Blue Board. You can also use them to get a discount when you upgrade your membership.

Check the FAQ: http://www.proz.com/faq/browniz

Welcome again,

Cali

[Edited at 2005-10-02 00:18]

English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 2, 2005

Thank you for your comment, but I'd like to know how the wallet is used and what for. If I have to deposit money there, what's the best way to do it from Argentina?

perry  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:38
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Wallet Oct 3, 2005

Yes, Noemí. you have to put money in your wallet if you want to have some in there. The way to do it is through your credit card. I did it once from Brazil, in order to pay for something I don´t remember any more. If the name in your credit card is exactly the same you have registered at proz, then this operation will serve for you to have your identity verified.
Welcome to the community.
Katia

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:38
English to Russian
+ ...
it worked before Oct 3, 2005

But then the Wallet services have been suspended. Hopefully it might work again one day - it was pretty convenient (though very hard for ProZ Team to manage).

Noemí Busnelli wrote:

I'm new in proz and don't understand clearly how "my wallet" works. I know I have 300 brownies to start working, but what shall I do next? How can I deposit money in it and how much?

English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 3, 2005

Thank you very much. Now I find it clear.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about "my wallet".

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs