Mobile menu

Trados error: 50202 Word cannot convert file because of ..OLE?COM
Thread poster: Kalyani Menon
Kalyani Menon  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 01:25
French to English
Jul 6, 2002

The error message 50202 which says that Word cannot convert the file because of ..OLE?COM or file name error appears when I am trying to clean up a word file. Please help.

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:55
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Cleaning within Word Jul 7, 2002

Hi,

this error can possibly be caused due to embeded graphics in Word file, or for obvious reasons Trados is not able to establish proper communication with word, or your systems is lack of memory.

Nevertheless you can try to clean the file within Word. What you must know is, that cleaning in Word means, no changes in translated units, made after translating and without proper opening the translation units (means entering text in Word in a translated unit without pressing ALT+HOME and then entering changes and proper closing oft this unit). In case of doubt please refer to TRADOS help files.

But in this case I aussume, all translation units are proper stored in your translation memory, and the only thing you need now is to clean up the file.

Press ALT+F8 (or go to Extras, Macro, Macros). Search the list of macros for a macro named \"tw4winClean.Main\", select it and execute it. Afterwards your file is cleaned. It is really as easy as that.

If you need any further informations please contact me via my ProZ profile.

HTH

Jerzy

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error: 50202 Word cannot convert file because of ..OLE?COM

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TMreserve
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search