https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/384-%A1error_marcador_no_definido.html

¡error ! marcador no definido
Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 17, 2001

I have translated a text but because I was silly enough not to notice that there was a \'marcador\', I have screwed up the text and the index and cannot figure how to sort it out. What\'s more, cos I don\'t know what this is called in English I can\'t search for a solution of the Internet (I search better in English than Spanish).

I have 8 chapters and I have to build up an index on these plus their sub-sections.

Could anybody explain to me as simply as
... See more
I have translated a text but because I was silly enough not to notice that there was a \'marcador\', I have screwed up the text and the index and cannot figure how to sort it out. What\'s more, cos I don\'t know what this is called in English I can\'t search for a solution of the Internet (I search better in English than Spanish).

I have 8 chapters and I have to build up an index on these plus their sub-sections.

Could anybody explain to me as simply as possible? Or if this is possible? Or should I start out again, etc? Any advice appreciated, I have been unable to locate any friends that actually know how this is done....

Collapse

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Something I forgot to add Oct 17, 2001

Just to clarify, the \'marcadores\' I refer to are when you click on something the mouse cursor changes to a hand. This indicates that the text is interlinked.

Gregorio Melean
Gregorio Melean
United States
Local time: 01:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Original text Oct 17, 2001

Do you mean you have \"marcadores\" in the original text but not in your translation?

Are there many \"marcadores\" in the original text so it is very hard to compare the original with the translation in a split screen?

Eight chapters are a lot of work but I do not think there is a \"marcador\" recovering function, so the work must be done manually.

I hope someone has better ideas and helps you more.

Glenn Viklund
Glenn Viklund  Identity Verified
Albania
English to Swedish
+ ...
Error! Bookmark is not defined Oct 19, 2001

I think that this is the equivalent error message in English. Normally you can adjust this error just by right clicking somewhere above your index (page), and then choose \'update fields\'. This should correct everything for you.

Good Luck!

Glenn Viklund

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

¡error ! marcador no definido

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »