Mobile menu

Membership payment: which currency?
Thread poster: fcl

fcl
France
Local time: 23:20
German to French
+ ...
Oct 30, 2005

Hello,

Upgrading membership, first window, prices are in Euros. Next window, it converts to Dollars. Now VAT number was asked, meaning payment will be done in the Eurozone, right? Last window, payment window leaves me the choice to pay in Euros. Is it okay to pay in Euros so as to avoid unnecessary conversion fees from my bank?

TIA
François


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 17:20
SITE FOUNDER
Yes, you can Oct 30, 2005

François Liger wrote:

Hello,

Upgrading membership, first window, prices are in Euros. Next window, it converts to Dollars. Now VAT number was asked, meaning payment will be done in the Eurozone, right? Last window, payment window leaves me the choice to pay in Euros. Is it okay to pay in Euros so as to avoid unnecessary conversion fees from my bank?


Yes, you can wire to the account in Germany and save on fees. Thanks for your support and welcome as a member.

Henry


Direct link Reply with quote
 

fcl
France
Local time: 23:20
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Credit card, no transfer, still OK ? Oct 30, 2005

Thank you Henry for your prompt reply and for your welcoming.

Henry wrote:

Yes, you can wire to the account in Germany and save on fees. Thanks for your support and welcome as a member.

Henry


Rather a Visa card payment not a bank transfer. Still all right?

By the way, if you care looking at my recent Blueboard activity history, you will understand the reason of the move. Thanks again.

François


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 17:20
SITE FOUNDER
Unfortunately, no Oct 31, 2005

Francois Liger wrote:

Rather a Visa card payment not a bank transfer. Still all right?


If you are asking whether it is possible to pay in euros by credit card, unfortunately it is not at the moment. I will write offline with some information... thanks again!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

fcl
France
Local time: 23:20
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You! Oct 31, 2005

Henry wrote:

If you are asking whether it is possible to pay in euros by credit card, unfortunately it is not at the moment. I will write offline with some information... thanks again!


OK, no problem.
Now please note that it is not ProZ which I distrust, but banks, which often have a quite unpredicable response (read: pricing) to international exchanges...

Best regards,
François


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Membership payment: which currency?

Advanced search






PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs