Mobile menu

Blocked members in my profile - I did not block anybody
Thread poster: Cristóbal del Río Faura
Cristóbal del Río Faura  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 18, 2005

While reviewing email preferences in my profile, to my surprise I have found two blocked members and two blocked IP addresses in the block list.

I do not remember if I have ever had any relationship with these people, but I certainly have never put anybody in my block list.

Is this a bug? Or somebody can access my profile and block people for me?

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:43
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
It must be a bug Nov 19, 2005

Hi Cristobal

Today I was surprised to see my availability icon red although I hadn't changed it. Then it became grey. I think it was a bug and yours must be one too, although it's something quite different.
I advice to contact Staff via Support Request.

The only people who have access to your profile is Staff.

#41698 (LSF)
Local time: 17:43
Japanese to English
+ ...
Might be a New Feature Nov 19, 2005

On the lighter side, it might be yet another new feature among many of Proz. This time allowing senders to block out certain destinations and not just the recipients blocking out the senders.

Just joking.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:43
Not aware of what might have led to this Nov 21, 2005

Cristóbal, I don't know why this would have happened.

Might you have accidentally clicked the link in an email that allows you to block further messages from the sender? (I did that once.) Perhaps we should add a confirmation step in this process.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blocked members in my profile - I did not block anybody

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs