My support requests are being ignored. Can someone help me, please?
Thread poster: SandraV
SandraV
SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:42
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 29, 2005

I'm having problems with the WYSIWYG editor, there seems to be an encoding problem, well I'm not sure if this has to do with encoding, but when I copy/paste text and then save it, all accented and special characters are scrambled. I read on the forum that some members have had encoding problems, I have no problem viewing Proz site, my browser is set in Western European (Windows). I have tried to change the encoding to Western European (Windows) while I'm using the editor, but it automatically ... See more
I'm having problems with the WYSIWYG editor, there seems to be an encoding problem, well I'm not sure if this has to do with encoding, but when I copy/paste text and then save it, all accented and special characters are scrambled. I read on the forum that some members have had encoding problems, I have no problem viewing Proz site, my browser is set in Western European (Windows). I have tried to change the encoding to Western European (Windows) while I'm using the editor, but it automatically changes to Unicode each time after saving the changes.
A month ago I sent two support tickets about this problem: tkt#21898 on October 28, and tkt#21881 on October 29, but no one seems interested in giving me support. Jason replied, but he has not been able to give me real support trying to solve this problem. Now he is not answering to my messages any more. I'm afraid my support requests are being ignored and I'm really surprised because Proz has always had an excellent support team.
Can someone tell me how do I get technical support in this issue? I am stuck with the construction of my web page. Can anybody help me with this please??
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:42
English to German
+ ...
Is that a ProZ.com-related issue? Nov 29, 2005

Hi Sandra,
The purpose of this forum is to discuss technical problems related to ProZ.com - the same applies to Support Requests regarding technical issues.

I have no problem viewing Proz site

...so is this really an issue with ProZ.com?

Assuming it isn't, you should consider posting in the General Technical Issues forum. If you do, include detailed information on the kind of software you're using.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My support requests are being ignored. Can someone help me, please?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »